MarketMakers is the youth employment project supported by the Swiss Government and implemented by the consortium Helvetas and Kolektiv/MojPosao.ba.
MarketMakers project is part of the Swiss contribution to the transition of BiH towards a socially inclusive market economy and a decentralised, democratic political system, with the longer-term perspective of European integration. The project overall objective is to stimulate private sector growth in selected markets leading to the creation of new job opportunities for young women and men.
The project is recruiting new team member for the position of
HEAD OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Good project coordination or project management skills
- Self-development, initiative-taking, team player and facilitator of team work
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Proven communication and advocacy skills, and ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and cooperation with multiple actors including government representatives, private sector, NGOs, donors and other stakeholders, including decision makers. Ability to inspire and mobilise diverse stakeholders to take joint action
- Excellent written communication and ability to adapt communication style to different target groups, varying from formal to relaxed and impactful/ inspiring communication)
- High level of maturity, excellent inter-personal and negotiation skills and pro-activeness
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to effectively handle multiple concurrent project components
- understanding of entrepreneurship, self-employment and economic interventionism.
- University degree (preferably Economics, Management or other Social Science, but should not be limited to any of these). For this role work experience is more important, so if we can find someone with the relevant work experience but without university degree, the degree is not important
- Experience of working with (a) start-ups, (b) business support organisations and start-up support organisations specifically, (c) projects/initiatives oriented toward the development of entrepreneurship or (d) project/initiatives oriented toward self-employment, freelancing and/or crafts
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Able to manage conflict effectively
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
- Solid analytical (basic math skills, Excel, understanding of descriptive statistics) and drafting skills
- Understanding of work of NGO/developmental organisations (experience of working in or closely with NGOs is preferable)
- Experience of dealing with socioeconomic policies and public institutions in this regard is a plus
- Experience of extensively working in/for the private sector is a plus