HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation and Kolektiv d.o.o make up the consortium for MarketMakers – a Project supported by the Swiss Government. The Project aims to create hundreds of jobs for young women and men in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in the services industries as well as to encourage young people to enter self-employment and enterprise start- up. MarketMakers aims to affect changes in both entities, FBiH and RS, as well as in Brčko District. MarketMakers’ third phase began in June 2021 and runs for two years, until May 2023.
MarketMakers and the consultant/agency are aiming at creating two collaboration frameworks between non-formal education centres/training providers and formal education on one hand, and BPO/IT companies/departments on the other hand. The main goal of this consultancy is to present a new collaborative and industry-based education centres’ offer/model of the curricula and teaching/learning methods, in order to facilitate the employment of the future attendees.
2. Overall objective(s) of the Assignment
The aim of this consultancy is to create a framework for a collaboration between non-formal education centres/training providers and BPO/IT companies/departments, and between non- formal education centres/training providers and formal education. This collaboration will have the goal of improving the education provided by non-formal education centres/training providers, so that the future participants that successfully finish the training have greater chances of employment. BPO companies will share their insights and expertise on what exactly should the non-formal education centres/training providers focus on in their pursuit of improving their education, create a collaboration framework between non-formal education centres/training providers and formal education.
3. Scope of Work and Principal Activities
The consultant is expected to work closely with MarketMakers’ Sector Leaders in the process of creating the two collaboration frameworks. During the period from the end of December 2021 to the end of March 2022, the consultant will perform the following groups of activities:
- Mapping the non-formal education centres/training providers (specifically private training providers that offer commercial trainings and education as their primary business) in Bosnia and Herzegovina. This mapping should include: name of the education, location, date founded, courses on offering, price of courses, number of
courses per year, number of students per course, last time syllabus was updated. Mapped training centres should be those with sufficient capacities.
- Mapping the BPO/IT companies (employers) in Bosnia and Herzegovina, within close geographical proximity of the shortlisted non-formal education centres/training providers from point I.
- The mapping should include: name of the company, location, field of work, date founded, number of employees. As the whole BPO ecosystem would be too large of an undertaking the focus should be on companies that operate in following areas of business: call centres, financial outsourcing, graphic design, digital marketing, 3D modelling and IT.
- Create a collaboration and knowledge sharing framework between BPO companies and non-formal education centres/training providers, with the goal of improving non- formal education within BiH, in order to help employers who do not wish to get involved in education, design and delivery themselves directly. This collaboration should be focused on efficient technical exchange between industries and non-formal education centres/training providers in order to ensure that the process of adaptation of subjects, curricula and teaching methods meets industry’s demands and trends.
- Create a collaboration framework between non-formal education centres/training providers and formal education, with the vision of non-formal education being more of a part in formal education. This can span to sharing the updated curricula to formal education or including some non-formal education courses in the standard formal education curricula.
4. Time Schedule
The assignment should commence at the begging of January 2022, and be finalised by the end of March 2022. The following deadlines should be adhered to but are negotiable with the selected bidder:
|Activity stream milestones||Output||Deadline for completion|
|Mapping and shortlisting of non-formal education centres/training providers.Mapping of BPO companies in Bosnia and Herzegovina, in close proximity of mapped and shortlisted non-formal education centres/training providers||Mapping nFE training providers and BPO companies in BiH finalized.||January 31st, 2021|
|Creation of a collaboration and knowledge sharing framework between BPO companies and non-formal education centres/training providers.||Creation of collaboration between BPO companies and nFE training providers finalized.||February 28th, 2022|
|Creation of a collaboration framework between non-formal education centres/training providers and formal education.||Creation of collaboration between nFE training providers and formal education finalized.||March 24th, 2022|
5. Communication, reporting, and debriefing
Regular communication and periodic updates on the overall progress of the assignment after each activity is expected and should be directed towards the Head of BPO Sector Development, Ms. Selma Begović and BPO Project Coordinator Ms. Nikolina Vilov; and Head of IT Sector Development Ms. Dinka Majanović and IT Project Coordinator, Mr. Adis Baručija.
The approach should be agreed in advance with the MarketMakers project. All finalised documents should be submitted to the aforementioned.
6. Induction and documents
At the beginning of the assignment, the consultant will receive an induction from the MarketMakers team, helping to familiarise them with MarketMakers plans and needs, as well as with what MarketMakers is trying to achieve. Where necessary, Project documents will be shared to support this process.
7. Offer, Remuneration, Logistics
Service provider should submit: a) financial offer, and b) technical in hard copy directly to the address of the project. Technical offer needs to contain detailed methodology, a reference list of similar previous work and CVs of researchers/experts. Evaluation of the offers will be done in line with the MarketMakers operational procedures and the offer with the most points will be awarded the contract.
The weighted scoring method will be used and the award of the contract will go to the company whose offer was evaluated and it complied with the following:
- responsive, compliant and acceptable, and
- having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific as follows: technical criteria 70% and financial criteria 30%.
Additional costs that are not included in the offer cannot be charged to the Project.
8. Payment Schedule
The service provider will receive full agreed payment after the tasks mentioned in Sections 3 and 4 above are completed and approved by MarketMakers project.
All offers need to be delivered directly to MarketMakers’ address:
Ured Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation u BiH – MarketMakers projekat Obala Kulina bana 2/3
71 000 Sarajevo
Deadline for submission of proposals is December 24th, 2021 by 12:00. Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration.