Competition for Young Professionals in Project Management
The Institute of Project Management (IPM) is proud to announce the launch of our innovative writing Competition, aimed at discovering, nurturing, and empowering the next generation of project management leaders. We believe in the power of fresh perspectives, innovative ideas, and the limitless potential of young minds. Therefore, we invite you to share your unique insights, experiences, and solutions for the future of project management in this Competition.
The topic of the writing is open for individual applicants to choose creatively, provided it remains within the scope of the project management domain. For instance, case studies and lessons learned may delve into real-life projects, analysing successes and failures, and offering actionable insights for future endeavours. Research submissions could explore emerging trends, methodologies, or technologies presenting data-driven findings. Articles offer participants the opportunity to voice their thoughts on various aspects of project management. These examples serve as an illustration and should not be perceived as restricting the scope of submissions.
Below, you will find an overview of the categories, deadline, and submission guidelines for participating in this Competition.
- Case studies and lessons learned
- Articles and opinions
30 September, 2023
- Content must be in the form of Submission Categories with a minimum of 800 words.
- Only writing on project management related topics will be accepted.
- Content submitted must be your original work that hasn't been published elsewhere.
- All sources and references must be cited correctly; the content submitted must provide accurate information.
- Providing supporting materials such as images or videos to your writing is recommended as long as it gives value added to your writing or can help the reader to understand your writing better.
- Content with any promotional aspects such as sponsored products, services or links will not be accepted.
- You can only submit one file in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format. Please attach all images or links to videos or other media on the same document as your writing.
Benefits and Incentives
IPM's 2023 Young Project Management Writer Award – Is the ultimate award across all categories. Criteria such as innovation, the ability to excite and engage an audience, and the potential for being a “game changer” in a specific category will be used to determine the winner.
Winners in each category will receive a place on one of IPM’s acclaimed online project management on-demand courses, providing you with valuable skills and knowledge to boost your career.
All submissions that meet quality and project management standards may be published on the IPM website and official communication channels. Additionally, participants will receive a Certificate of Recognition. This Certificate can be displayed in the form of a badge or added to your LinkedIn page. IPM offers networking opportunities with renowned industry experts and fellow aspiring professionals, helping you expand your connections and grow your professional network.
Good luck and let the future of project management begin with you!
More information here