Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 09 August 2022
Position Title: Project/Grants Assistant (Resilience and Social Cohesion)
Contract type: SST Graded
Contract duration: 9 months, renewable
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 63-07/22
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of the National Project Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant / Project Coordinator, the incumbent will support the implementation of project activities under IOM’s social cohesion and resilience portfolio.
- Support the overall implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Support administrative coordination of project implementation, involving liaison with diverse organizational units and external parties to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process, and follow-up on administrative actions, etc
- Retrieve, compile, summarize, and present information/data on specific project topics.
- Monitor budget; verify availability of funds; obtain necessary approval and update budget related information.
- Be responsible for day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing and filing, ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken. Assist in project files update.
- Draft status reports, identifying shortfalls in implementation and bringing them to the attention of the supervisor.
- Draft correspondence, reports, briefing notes, graphics, statistical tables, presentations and other forms of documentation in both English and local languages, including translation, when required.
- Organize meetings, workshops, and training sessions, as required by the project.
- Respond to general information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law, Communications or related fields from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior experience in similar positions involving administrative and support tasks.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and local languages.
- Knowledge of financial and procurement rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of SAP and IOM financial and procurement rules and regulations is a strong advantage.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Windows and MS Office applications (especially Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility, responsibility, integrity, teamwork, self-motivated.
- Able to work with little supervision, focused, well organized, detail oriented.
Language(s): Fluent English and one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF – Personal History Form and motivation letter) electronically by email to: [email protected]. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment.
Please note that only the attached IOM PHF will be considered.
Subject: SVN 63-07/22
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 09 August 2022.
Posting period: 27 July 2022 – 09 August 2022
As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite of taking up position as a staff member in the GS category is right of residence and right to work in the country of the duty station at the time of application.