Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Selected candidates will perform the following duties:
- Conduct an initial needs assessment of the immediate humanitarian needs for returnees from the conflict zones.
- Analysing and proposing approaches and measures in relation to the issue of transition of radicalization into violence that are present in certain local communities in BiH , identifying appropriate measures related to the persons that are potentially exposed to violent extremism and terrorism, and adequately addressing situation which favour transition of radicalization into violence.
- Analysing and proposing methods and measures in relation to the return of BiH citizens from conflict zones with differentiated proposals for procedures and approaches to the following categories: children, women and men, especially bearing in mind the different legal statuses of the aforementioned categories as well as the possible criminal liability, in accordance with the criminal laws in BiH.
- Providing support and counselling services to the respective institutions in making individual security assesses and social anamnesis as well as individual plans of re-socialization of the persons associated with extremism and terrorism and those who are vulnerable to these impacts.
- Consultations regarding the proposing clear and on positive legislation based referral mechanism for the prevention of violent extremism and radicalization between different institutions of formal social control (Centres for Social Welfare, Centres for Mental Health, Family Counselling Centres, Safety house, Biro for Employment and schools) on one side and law enforcement on another.
- Special attention should be dedicated to the concrete programs for the re-socialization of the persons vulnerable to the narrative of violent extremism and radicalism.
- Provide regular reports to IOM Project Coordinator during activity implementation.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University diploma in Political Science, Criminology, Pshychology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the field of resocialization, prevention and countering violent extremism and terrorism;
- BiH citizenship;
- Fluency in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian and English;
- Willingness and ability to conduct travel across the country.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed
- Identifies priority activities and assignments
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
How to apply
Internal candidates are to apply by using Internal Application Form.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Additional documents will be requested by the successful candidate upon finalization of the selection process.
Applications must be received by 6 November 2019.