The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is implementing a program to prevent violent extremism. The program aims to reduce the threat of violent extremism (VE) in BiH and counter extremist efforts to deepen or exploit community tensions. To achieve these objectives, BHRI designs and implements small-grant activities through a process-oriented, community driven approach that emphasizes project processes.
Under the overall guidance of the Program Manager and the direct supervision of the Project Officer/Area Development Officer, the Project Advisor will be responsible and accountable for the planning, coordination, development, implementation and overall management of activities in his/her assigned geographic area, including outreach and coordination with local authorities, communities and local partners.
- Duty Station: Banja Luka
- Application Deadline: 28 November 2019
- Position Title: Project Advisor
- Contract type: Consultancy Contract
- Languages Required: Excellent command of English and local languages in BiH
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
- Reference Code: SVN 01-11-19
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience overseeing the implementation of multiple grants simultaneously, with a demonstrated commitment to detail and ability to anticipate challenges and meet deadlines. Proven ability to effectively engage a wide range of stakeholders – from community members to government officials – in pursuit of a common goal; budget monitoring and follow-up experience; proven experience in successfully engaging various stakeholders to ensure on-time and efficient project implementation;
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office;
- Holds a valid driving license;
- Willingness and ability to conduct travel across the country.
How to apply:
Internal candidates are to apply by using Internal Application Form.
Subject: SVN 01-11-19 Project Advisor
Please note that for external candidates only IOM PHF will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Additional documents, in line with the local laws, will be requested by the successful candidate upon finalization of the selection process.
Applications must be received by 28 November 2019. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For more information please click here.