Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 30 July 2019
Position Title: Legal consultant
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 02-07-19
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Nature of the consultancy: Legal consultant
Objective: BiH institutions adopt new/revised instruments to address migration and border management challenges, in line with the EU IBM concept and humane migration management principles
Target: Amend and/or draft new laws/regulations that will further align BiH integrated border management (IBM) legal framework and procedures with EU and Schengen requirements adopted
Tasks to be preformed under this contract:
- Prepare report outlining the gaps and recommendations for further alignment of BiH IBM-relevant legal and regulatory framework with the EU acquis is produced and disseminated by:
- Maping current gaps in BiH IBM legislation’s alignment with EU and Schengen requirements, including any gaps in terms of gender-sensitive terminology and alignment with BiH, EU and international gender equality legislation, and
- Facilitating the validation and dissemination of the report;
- Amend and/or draft selected IBM-relevant legislation (laws and/or regulations) to ensure full compliance with EU and Schengen requirements by:
- Providing expert support in amending BiH legislation to ensure full compliance with EU and Schengen requirements, and
- Facilitate consultations among relevant actors for the purpose of amending/drafting BiH legislation to ensure full compliance with EU and Schengen requirements;
- Perform any other related duties as requested.
Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment
- Report outlining the gaps and recommendations for further alignment of BiH IBM-relevant legal and regulatory framework with the EU acquis is produced and disseminated;
- Selected IBM-relevant legislation (laws and/or regulations) to ensure full compliance with EU and Schengen requirements is drated.
Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered
Delivery date for the report outlining the gaps and recommendations for further alignment of BiH IBM-relevant legal and regulatory framework with the EU acquis is on 01 December 2019; Consult will have 10 working days to perform this task.
Delivery date for the draft of the selected IBM-relevant legislation (laws and/or regulations) is on 28 February 2020; Consultant will have 10 working days to perform this task.
Period of consultancy is from 01 September 2019 to 29 February 2020.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results (value of services rendered in relation to their cost)
- # of consultation meetings to present the mapping report,
- # of stakeholders to which the report has been made available and presented,
- # of amendments and/or new laws/regulations drafted,
- # of consultation meetings held,
- # of meeting participants.
Desirable qualifications (educational experience and competencies):
- At least an advanced degree (Master) in Economics, Sociology or Political Science with relevant research experience in the field of EU accession policies and IBM issues;
- Have proven track record of IBM modelling;
- Substantial knowledge and experience in respect to negotiation Chapter 24;
- Have strong analytical skills;
- Have proven capability to establish good relationship with the Government institutions;
- Have experience in working with international development organizations;
- Excellent drafting skills with ability to consider and incorporate numerous comments and suggestions in a short period of time;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Evidence of ability to express ideas clearly;
- Ability to summarize and systematize complex information and identify priorities for follow up activities;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling ethical standards;
- Excellent English and Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian language skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (CV, motivation letter and filled out IOM Personal History Form) electronically by email to: [email protected].
Please note that only IOM PHF will be considered.
Subject: SVN 02-07-19 Legal consultant
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 30 July 2019
Posting period: 16 July 2019 – 30 July 2019
Closing Date: Tuesday, July 30, 2019