Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 25 January 2019
Position Title: CVAC Client Service Assistant
Languages Required: English (fluent), B/S/C (fluent), French is considered an advantageous
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: VN 05-01-2019
Duration of Initial Contract: Special Short-Term, three (3) months with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the general oversight of the Immigration & Border Management (IBM) Division’s Immigration & Visas Unit at HQ and reporting directly to the regional VAC Team Leader programmatically and directly to the Chief of Mission administratively, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre operated by IOM; particularly s/he will:
- Provide client service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Statement of Work (SOW) and the IRCC Service Standards.
- Assist in the provision of client information: distribution of application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, fax, e-mail, chat and SMS inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services including but not limited to Self-Service and Assisted Data Entry services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
- Assist in the collection and forwarding of complete applications as per IRCC checklists, including biometrics collection: provide guidance to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting / additional documents, as required; record, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports; arrange appointments for visa applicants who require interview, as required.
- Collection of Fees: Where required, collect the applicable Canadian visa fee(s) and IOM service fee(s); issue accurate receipts; daily reconciliation of receipts and reporting same; Safe keeping of all applications, supporting documentation and fees collected and responsible for CANVAC office keys;
- Data Capture; Assist in maintaining a high degree of skill in using the CANVAC software platform provided; enter all applicant data, enroll biometrics as required, submit application documents in the required order, while forwarding all applicant, passport and appointment information to IRCC; ensure accurate tracking of both applications and supporting documents via the CANVAC software’s bar code scanning system;
- Returning of passports, supporting documentation and visa decisions. Assist in collecting processed applications; returning processed applications, passports and supporting documentation;
- Reporting: Assist in maintaining accurate and detailed records of all applications and fees received, and biometrics enrolled and report these records daily;
- Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
- Maintain positive working relationships with IOM’s Lead VAC Partner, VFS Global and IRCC staff locally.
- Immediately inform management of any problems or issues related to her/his daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
- Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief, Financial Services in Manila, Immigration & Visas Unit at HQ and the VAC Regional Team Leaders.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar setting; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Previous work experience in similar setting will be an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (CV, motivation letter and filled out IOM Personal History Form) electronically by email to: [email protected].
Please note that only IOM PHP will be considered.
Subject: VN 05-01-19 CVAC Client Service Assistant
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Additional documents, in line with the local laws, will be requested by the successful candidate upon finalization of the selection process.
Applications must be received by 25 January 2019
Posting period: 15 January – 25 January 2019