ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews seeks a Finance Officer for a USAID-funded media development project in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) focused on supporting media partners in BiH to enhance the quality of their content production, facilitate adherence to journalistic standards, expand their reach and appeal to target audiences, improve their business practices to help them operate as viable enterprises, and increase their security from politically motivated lawsuits and cyberattacks. The position will be based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and will report to the Finance Manager.
Internews has field offices in Sarajevo . Ultimately, this role will be based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina . Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
Note: Hiring is contingent upon receipt of funding.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited duration position, with an expected term of 3 years
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Review periodic and final financial reports from MEA subgrantees and fellows
- Review Financial Request Forms and payments
- Support grants team in monitoring of the subgrants spending
- Backstop and provide support in preparation of VAT returns for MEA subgrantees
- Support project procurement in compliance with local requirements and donors’ rules and regulations
- Process documentation, such as contracts and travel reimbursements
- Support Finance Manager in tracking expenditures and financial projections for an array of project activities
- Support Finance manager, HQ staff during project and organizational internal/external audits
- Communicate and coordinate with program staff, provide assistance and mentorship on financial matters as requested
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or any related field or equivalent lived / professional experience
- 3 year of relevant work experience
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office suites, particularly Excel
- Strong communication skill, with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Fluency in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian and working proficiency in English
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects and grants
- Experience with media development projects
- Working knowledge of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars
- Experience working with distributed teams
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.