The International Rescue Committee is looking for:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life- changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The Project Manager is a full-time national staff position based in Una Sana canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the project, including coordinating all activities with local partners, ensuring timely implementation and spending in line with the scope of work and budget coordination with HQ based grants and TU staff, donor relations, as well as supervision of the project team. She/he will provide management and ensure appropriate monitoring of and reporting against programmatic and budgetary targets. This position will also support the country program in tasks related to communications, advocacy, and/or other project duties. This position reports directly to the Program Coordinator and works closely with the Grants and Finance Units to ensure smooth management of processes, and with the support of the M&E Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with IRC and donor requirements in all aspects of project management
- Quality and timely implementation of all project activities
- Meet project targets for both, IRC and Partner led components
- Timely and quality information flow with the implementing partners
- Monitor spending of the project budget and ensure proper and effective use of resources
- Ensure that documentation requirements are met by the local partner
- Coordinate any changes / amendments to project scope, budget, or other key project documents
Monitoring & Reporting
- Monitor project progress against both programmatic and budgetary targets
- Ensure appropriate, timely, and accurate data collection
- Coordinate IRC and partner reporting
- Ensure timely submission of all project reports, quality of program data and proper archival of program information
- Ensure that ongoing program monitoring and learning feeds into alterations into project and program design
Coordination and Communication
- Ensure close cooperation, coordination and information sharing between partners on the project
- Regularly participate in national and regional level migration forums and inform / update senior management on developments / trends relevant to the national context and / or the projects
- Ensure close coordination / information sharing with the donor
- Responsible for mainstreaming communications between the local partners and IRC team
- Regularly coordinate with other ongoing IRC Balkans programs to exploit potential synergies
- Represent IRC at coordination meetings and with external stakeholders as requested
Staff Management and Development
- Provide guidance, support and supervision to project staff; discuss job expectations, set objectives and provide appropriate and timely feedback on performance of direct reports, including timely implementation of performance management system.
- In consultation with the Program Coordinator, identify capacity building needs of project staff in key project management principles, tools and approaches and ensure that these new skills are utilized on the job.
- Positions directly reports to: Program Coordinator, IRC Balkans
- Positions directly reporting to this position are: Psychologist, Translator/Cultural Mediator, Driver
- This position is based in Bihac, Una Sana canton, with regular travel throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina, for project monitoring and technical support.
- Masters level degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Humanitarian aid, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in project management, capacity development, training, mentoring, and coaching and understanding of organizational and individual capacity building
- Proven experience in field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically
- An excellent team player with good skills in team work and consultative approach to decision making
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good track record of report writing
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluency in spoken and written Bosnian and English; strong writing skills
- International Rescue Committee, is committed to providing equal opportunities to all individuals without discrimination either directly or indirectly on any grounds or in each case as required by applicable law. IRC aims to ensure equal opportunity in employment to all qualified staff members and applicants in all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, promotion, compensation and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: If you meet the minimum requirements of the job, please apply by sending your CV/Resume and a cover letter via option “PRIJAVI SE NA OGLAS”.
Closing date: 01. Feb. 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.