The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) helps people around the world affected by armed conflict and other violence, doing everything it can to protect their dignity and relieve their suffering. We also seek to prevent human suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and championing universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC delegation in Bosnia and Herzegovina is looking for a creative, multi-skilled and energetic communications manager.
The selected candidate will be delegation’s focal point for all matters related to communication activities, responsible for setting and implementing priorities, objectives and strategies in Bosnia and Herzegovina. She/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develops, periodically reviews and implements delegation’s communication strategy, along with a corresponding budget,
- Provides in-depth analysis on humanitarian, political, security and other developments related to ICRC’s capacity to operate in BiH,
- Acts as spokesperson to media routinely crafting news releases, facilitating interviews and responding to domestic and international media enquiries
- Maintains and promotes existing and creates new delegation’s communications channels, regularly informing stakeholders and general public on ICRC concerns and activities
- Supervises and produces high-quality print and digital tools, products and publications (e.g. web, social media, e-newsletters, leaflets or brochures), adapted to specific audiences
- Plans, coordinates and monitors implementation of public awareness campaigns in close liaison with other departments and external partners
- Monitors ICRC’s perception and, if necessary, provides advice on improving its access to people in need and relevant stakeholders
- Works closely and provides support to colleagues from the Red Cross Society of BiH
- Supports and streamlines joint communication efforts with all partners from the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement in BiH and the region
- Develops and maintains networks with media, civil society, religious communities and other stakeholders related to specific ICRC programmes
- University degree in political or social science, international relations, journalism or similar
- At least 5 years’ proven experience in communications or a similar field of activity
- Excellent command of BHS and proficiency in English (oral and written) a must; additional language an asset.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the ICRC Delegation in Sarajevo by e-mail at: [email protected], before 30 March 2019. Please include your motivation letter, detailed curriculum vitae and other relevant documents. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.