Deadline: 31 December 2021
Open to: students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Benefits: fully funded
The Great Minds initiative is a competition for 3 to 6-month internships at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich, Nairobi, or Johannesburg for students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It provides students with the unique opportunity to work alongside world-class scientists in the leading industrial IT research organization.
The internships will take place in 2022. The exact starting time and duration will be agreed upon with the winning students individually, taking into account their academic commitments and the availability of IBM staff.
The program is open to any full-time student enrolled in a Master’s program at a recognized university in central or eastern Europe, the Middle East or Africa with a focus on:
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Applied Mathematics / Computer Science
- Life Sciences
- Chemistry oder Computational Chemistry
- Biology oder Computational Biology
- Neuromorphic Computing / Networks
- The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form.
IBM is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all genders as well as minority groups.
- Africa (all countries)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- North Macedonia
- Saudi Arabia
- IBM will pay the winners a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland, Kenya, or South Africa, respectively.
- IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
IBM Research has been conducting the Great Minds internships for more than a decade. This program also benefits Universities when the Great Minds winners bring back a valuable understanding of real industry problems, knowledge of advanced IBM technologies, and contacts throughout IBM Research.
How to apply?
Applicants must submit their current CV and a short video to their faculty.
For more information, please visit the official website.