GIZis looking for a Monitoring Officer (m/f/d) Part-time employment (50%)
in Sarajevo from 01.01.2021
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a worldwide provider for sustainable development which assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation.
GIZ is currently preparing a new project which supports Bosnia and Herzegovina in mitigating the economic effects generated by the COVID-19 pandemic. For this purpose, GIZ helps Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in metal and wood processing sectors, as well as in tourism, to ensure business continuity despite the negative effects of COVID-19. The project is jointly co-financed by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, and implemented by GIZ, UNDP and ILO.
Support by GIZ is provided along three intervention areas:
- implementation of occupational safety and health (OSH) measures in supported companies as a condition for business continuity;
- product and business innovation and reorganization/localization of the supply chains to maintain the functioning and increase competitiveness of MSMEs, agri-food and tourism operators;
- a Help Desk system to provide financial and legal advice to MSMEs in the sectors concerned.
For the abovementioned project, GIZ is looking for a Monitoring Officer.
Responsibility for the results-based monitoring system of a GIZ project supporting private sector development in BiH, and management assistance to the Head of Project, including
- Development and maintenance of a results-based monitoring system
- Maintenance and update of databases and IT-based monitoring tools
- Preparation and update of reports, presentations, project management plans, etc.
- Preparation of workshops, conferences, trainings, etc.
- Contribution to quality and knowledge management of the program
- Management assistance, i.e. drafting letters, handling meeting coordination (agenda, minutes, etc.) for managerial staff
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, political sciences or related field
- First work experience or internships in the area of international development cooperation; max. 5 years of professional experience
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods; including experience in drafting surveys, questionnaires, etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring systems of EU funded projects
- Ability to reproduce complex content in a clear and concise manner
- Willingness to deal with administrative tasks
- Excellent MS Office skills (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Fluent in English; German considered an asset
We are looking forward to hearing from you what motivates you to work for GIZ as a Monitoring Officer.
We kindly ask you to send us your CV and your application documents by December 23, 2020 by e-mail to the following e-mail address:GIZ-BosnienHerzegowina@giz.de – keyword: Monitoring OfficerOnly short-listed candidates will receive a written notification.
GIZ wants to increase the proportion of people with disabilities in the company. Therefore, we look forward to corresponding applications.