As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological, and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH within the project “Decarbonization of the Energy Sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina (DecES)” announces the vacancy for a:
Local Intern (m/f/d); full-time
The overall purpose
The local intern will learn about international cooperation and specifically receive insights in the topics of energy efficiency, decarbonisation and green energy in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The intern will have an opportunity to learn the details of communications, including the practice of Public Relations, social media communications and conceptualisation of various communication activities such as events, publications. At the same time, the intern will support the overall implementation of project activities in the area of communications and visibility.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The local intern will assume the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Supports the Communication Officer and the project teams in the implementation of the project’s objectives concerning the following fields of action:
- Support the execution of public outreach campaign on energy-efficient building renovation implemented with the assistance of the project;
- Support to the development of a newsletter template while respecting the GDPR rules and internal GIZ rules;
- Support to the regular updating of social media accounts of the projects, including support to elaboration of publication schedules
- Support to the compilation and editing of project publications, reports and presentations;
- Support to the development and dissemination of public information materials;
- Performs other duties and tasks as required and needed for the overall project implementation.
Required qualifications, competencies, and skills
- University degree (bachelor), or a university student currently enrolled in the final year of undergraduate studies in the fields of Communications, Journalism, Languages, Literature, Social Sciences, or Marketing. Other relevant fields of studies – especially those related directly to the fields of energy, climate, and transport – will also be considered in case the candidate is able to demonstrate strong competences presented below.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- First experiences in writing well-elaborated articles and stories
- First experiences in social media communications, including content production and administration
- Experience in analytical work and research; in addition, any experience in behavioral research, e.g., consumer behaviour research, will be considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in writing and in speech
- Proficient knowledge and hands-on experience in using of the Microsoft Office suite
- High degree of organization and an eye for details
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- First experiences in energy efficiency initiatives and activities, as well as the basic knowledge of the energy efficiency field, will be considered a strong additional asset
- Experience in working with graphic design software will be considered an additional asset
- Knowledge of the German language will be considered an additional asset
Location: GIZ offices are located in Sarajevo.
Expected start date: 1 April 2022
Duration: The internship is offered with a duration of 6 months
How to apply?
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to [email protected]
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- References/ Letters of recommendation
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Local Intern – DecES
Applications that do not meet the application criteria will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 23.03.2022
Only short-listed candidates will receive written notification.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. The recognition, appreciation, and integration of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees should be valued – regardless of gender and sexual identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
We would like to increase the proportion of disabled people and would welcome applications to this effect.
(Visited 679 times, 1 visits today)