Support to the Fight against Organised Crime and Corruption in Bosnia and Herzegovina oglas za posao
INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR (FULL TIME)
This Project, funded by the European Union and implemented by the GIP Justice Coopération Internationale (JCI), aims at enhancing the effectiveness, integrity and professionalism of the institutions in the ‘Rule of Law sector’. It will help to improve the cooperation between judiciary, prosecution and law enforcement agencies (LEAs) and increase the efficiency of investigations in organised crime as well as corruption cases. The Action will also strengthen capacities regarding human resources and performance management as well as disciplinary frameworks and procedures.
The project started operations in February 2019 for an overall duration of 24 months.
The GIP – Justice Coopération Internationale (GIP JCI), on behalf of the French Ministry of Justice, is the Implementing Agency upon awarding of the grant contract financed from EU’s Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA II).
In the implementation of the planned activities, JCI is looking for an Interpreter/translatorto ensure Interpretation/translation support to the Project’s Team.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the interpreter/translator will handle the following tasks:
- Translation of legal documents, analytic papers and experts’ reports;
- Translation of administrative documents;
- Translation of press articles;
- Interpretation B/H/S to English at meetings/conferences/…;
- Support to note-taking and minutes-taking;
- Ensure interpretation during face-to-face meetings;
- Any other translation/interpretation-related task which will be of use/relevance for the implementation of the project.
- University degree in translation/ interpretation and/or a specialisation in the area of administration/law;
- Excellent local language knowledge (B/H/S);
- Fluency in English written and spoken;
- Proven experience in translating/interpretation from the local language to English and vice-versa for at least three years
- Fluency in French written and spoken is a strong asset;
- Justice related working experience would be a strong asset
- Excellent knowledge of Office software;
- Knowledge of the ‘Rule of Law sector’ in Bosnia and Herzegovina is an asset;
- Experience in European projects is a plus.
Duration: up to 18 months
Deadline for applying: Thursday 1st August 2019 (cob)
To submit your application, send your CV and Cover Letter to Mrs Isabelle Arnal, Team Leader ([email protected] ) and Mr Adrien Elbe, Deputy Head of Operations of JCI ([email protected]) under the object “EU4Justice – Full time Interpreter application”.