The Balkan Forum 2nd Call for Proposals for Small Size Grants to Support regional youth initiatives in the Western Balkans with the aim of accelerating the transition to the circular economy
Guidelines for Applications
Deadline for submission of applications:
18 October 2021
The Youth Cooperation Fund is a grant scheme established by the Balkan Forum, with support of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, which aims to foster regional cooperation and dialogue between young people in the Western Balkan countries, namely Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia.
Specific objectives of this call:
- Strengthening regional youth initiatives on research and innovation that contribute in advancing circular economy in the Western Balkans;
- Enhancing policy advocacy skills of young people on circular economy;
- Increasing public awareness and grassroots activities on environment and natural resource protection, waste reduction and recycling.
Within this grant scheme, we invite Non-governmental Organisations (NGO’s) from the countries of Western Balkan region to join efforts and generate innovative and unique ideas for collaborative action on circular economy. Project proposals should seek to contribute to at least one of the specific objectives of this Call and at least one of the following:
- reducing waste (including food waste);
- promoting reuse, repair and recycling;
- protecting the environment, including by raising public awareness on the alternatives to single-use plastic in general and to single-use plastic bags in particular;
- saving energy, water and natural resources.
Through small grants we aim tosupport 3-5 cross-border projects with funding of up to 3,500 Euros each.
The funding will cover 100% of the total budget for proposed projects.
Project duration should be between 3 to 6 months.
Please read the Application Guidelines (find below the pdf link), and after making sure that you understand and fulfill the criteria, submit the Application Form and Budget Form to [email protected]