Deadline: 1 September 2020
European Commission is seeking applications for Civil Society Projects with an aims to support projects promoted by transnational partnerships and networks directly involving citizens.
Those projects gather citizens from different horizons, in activities directly linked to Union policies, with a view to give them an opportunity to actively participate in the Union policy-making process in areas related to the objectives of the Programme.
The project should consist in stimulating and organising reflection, debates or other activities related to the multiannual priority themes of the Programme and propose practical solutions that can be found through cooperation or coordination at European level, and ensure a concrete link with the policy making process indicated above. Projects should actively involve a large number of citizens in the implementation and aim at setting the basis for, or encouraging the development of, long-lasting networking between many organizations active in the field.
This measure supports projects implemented by transnational partnerships promoting opportunities for solidarity, societal engagement and volunteering at Union level.
A Civil Society Project must include at least two of the following types of activities:
- Promotion of societal engagement and solidarity: activities promoting debate/campaigns/actions on themes of common interest in the framework of the rights and responsibilities of the Union citizens and making the link to the
- European political agenda and policy making process.
- Gathering of opinions: activities aiming at gathering the individual opinions of the citizens favouring a bottom up approach (including the use of social networks, webinars, etc.) and media literacy.
- Volunteering: activities promoting solidarity among Union citizens and beyond.
The maximum project duration is 18 months.
- Applicants must be established in the following eligible countries
The Member States of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, the Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo.
- At least 2 EU Member State must be involved in the Civil Society Projects.
- Type of organization: non-profit organizations, including civil society organizations, educational, cultural or research institutions, other organizations involved in the project can also be public local/regional authorities.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/38bLtZM