We are hiring a Project Manager!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and committed person with a passion for youth policy, project management, international relations and non-formal education and training. Our new colleague will manage ERYICA’s projects and working groups, support the preparation of project outputs and reports, plan and implement our new projects, help with fundraising activities, liaise with member organisations and partners, and organise events. This one-year employment contract will take place in the framework of the European Solidarity Corps initiative and the Jobs4Solidarity programme.
____________________________ YOUR PROFILE ____________________________
- Aged between 18 and 30 years old on the starting day of the employment;
- EU Citizenship;
- Registration on the European Solidarity Corps Portal;
- Graduate or post-graduate higher education degree in relevant discipline (e.g. project management, business administration, social work, information studies, international relations, European studies, etc.);
- Prior experience in project management and event organisation in an international/European environment;
- Proven experience with non-formal education, facilitation, training, and eLearning courses development;
- Good understanding of the Project Cycle Management: planning, identification & formulation, project management, monitoring and evaluation;
- Perfect command of English and French (spoken and written);
- Proven interest in the solidarity sector and in the youth field. Experience or knowledge of the youth field will be an asset;
- IT literate: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office; GSuite, content-management websites and project management tools;
- Familiarity with the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission, and preferably already supervised upon EU-funded projects;
- Very well organised and ready to work under pressure, though able to distribute the workload in order to respect deadlines and agreed schedules;
- Ability to work efficiently in different contexts and situations, including occasional teleworking;
- Independent thinker yet a team worker, willing to take and bear responsibility and to work autonomously;
- Ability to prioritize and work with several projects at the same time;
- Evidenced analytical skills and ability to thrive when handling complex information and situations;
- Flexible, effective, result-oriented, attentive to details, and able to multi-task;
- Willingness to work with a small international and busy team in Luxembourg, with regular travel in Europe; and
- Most important of all: you are a fast and zealous learner!
- Good knowledge of the EU policy-making processes;
- Experience with a European/international NGO in the youth field;
- Familiarity with EU programmes other than Erasmus+;
- Experience in design and facilitation of eLearning courses through Moodle;
- Command of one or more other European languages.
Under the supervision of the Director and in close cooperation with other staff members, you will:
- Support the implementation of ERYICA’s strategy and annual work programme;
- Be responsible for the Agency’s projects, working groups, initiatives and administrative tasks;
- Manage, supervise and report on projects and project outcomes, mostly within the Erasmus+ Programme;
- Coordinate the organisation of events, meetings, webinars, training activities and eLearning courses;
- Lead grant application processes (i.e. proposal writing, budgeting, contact with partners, meeting the administrative requirements, etc.);
- Support the dissemination and publication of initiatives and project outcomes;
- Foster the relationship with our members and ensure the successful delivery of services to our members;
- Design, execute and report on surveys and consultations;
- Collect case studies and good practices from the member organisations;
- Support the team in the day-to-day management of their tasks;
- Gather information on members’ projects and activities;
- Support ERYICA’s relations with its stakeholders and partners; and
- Attend external events across Europe as ERYICA representative when required
____________________________ WE OFFER ____________________________
- A full-time contract (40 working hours / week) for a fixed term of 12 months (renewable*), drawn in accordance and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in force in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, where the job will be based.
- A gross monthly salary of 2,650 EUR.
- The advantageous tax and social security system of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, applicable also if you are a commuter from neighbouring countries.
- A travel grant to Luxembourg of max. 275 EUR through the ESC programme.
- A relocation allowance of 910 EUR (5 EUR/day for 182 days) in the framework of the ESC programme.
- The ESC programme offers comprehensive support for the young person over the duration of the contract, as well as online training, language support and additional insurance.
- After a first period, autonomy and trust in organising your work, according to the needs of the Agency and the team.
- An inspiring, friendly, and creative work environment in a dynamic and international framework.
* The ESC programme is limited to 12 months. Please note that any contract renewal would not include the additional allowances and benefits provided by the ESC programme.
Applications should be submitted to the ERYICA Director: [email protected]
E-mail subject: “Application ESC Project Manager 2021”
Applications should include:
- A cover letter (in English);
- Your CV (in English);
- Details of two persons who can be contacted for references.
- Proof of registration on the European Solidarity Corps Portal.
____________________________ PROCEDURE ____________________________
Closing date for applications: 5 March 2021
Date of interviews: mid-March 2021
Starting date employment: As soon as possible
Many thanks to all who show an interest in this position. However, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To download this opening, please click here
The European Youth Information and Counselling Agency (ERYICA) is an independent European organization based in Luxembourg and composed of national and regional youth information coordination bodies and networks. It works to intensify European cooperation in the field of youth information work and services. It aims to develop, support and promote quality generalist youth information policy and practice at all levels; in order to meet the information needs of young people and to apply the principles of the European Youth Information Charter.
We work intensively with the Council of Europe, with the European Commission as well as with institutional, private and public stakeholders active in the field of youth work and youth policy.
Further information: www.eryica.org
About the European Solidarity Corps & Jobs4Solidarity
The European Solidarity Corps is a European Union initiative that creates opportunities for young people to volunteer or work in projects in their own country or abroad that benefit communities and people around Europe. It brings together young people to build a more inclusive society, supporting vulnerable people and responding to societal challenges. It offers an inspiring and empowering experience for young people who want to help, learn and develop. Jobs4Solidarity is the specific project that ADEM (Agency for the Development of Employment) manages in Luxembourg for the employment component within the framework of the ESC.