Port8 LTD is a young, dynamic software start-up from Mostar – Bosnia and Herzegovina. Currently, we are developing modern property technology SaaS applications for the Swiss company emonitor. Together we change the real estate industry with digital systems and make sure that every tenant finds the right apartment. Our customers range from real estate management companies to cities and cooperatives.
Our belief is that trust and independence is the biggest key in developing an innovative and productive work environment. Therefore we count on proactive thinking and purpose-driven mentalities from our team members.
We are looking to bolster our ranks within our feature teams with additional frontend developer.
- Address user issues and fix them quickly
- Work with the backend and product team on definitions of new features
- Develop new features and integrate them with our backend services
- Passionately advocate for our customer's needs and priorities
- Develop automated tests for our frontend projects
- Work with adjacent products to ensure each initiative delivers maximum impact to customers across all of our offerings
- Refactor the frontend-components of our platform
- Improve existing user flows
- Build new reusable components
- Ask questions, challenge ideas and help improve the process for tackling projects and solving problems.
- 3 – 5 years of experience building frontend’s of web applications
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to distill customer use cases and requirements, write comprehensive business cases and execute on them
- Extensive use of web frameworks, preferably Vue.js
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with TDD and automated testing
- Proven Self-motivated, systematic thinker with excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Great design sensibility, detail-oriented and a solution-oriented attitude
- Team-oriented, able to work effectively in small cross-functional teams
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, and excellent communication skills
- Bonus points for:
- B.Sc. in a technical discipline, Computer Science preferred
- Demonstrated success with using Vue.js and state management (ie. Vuex)
- Demonstrated experience with axios and Promises
- Demonstrated experience with unit testing (ie. Jest and Vue Test Utils)
- Demonstrated experience with CSS preprocessors (ie. Sass), npm, and Git
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization tools (ie. Chart.js)
- Demonstrated experience with vector maps (ie. Mapbox)
Does this sound like a good next step in your career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role – we would still like to consider your application.