The European Union Delegation to the Bosnia and Herzegovina is looking for:
Project Officer in the Operations 2 Section
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Bosnia and Herzegovina works in close coordination with the Embassies and Consulates of the 27 EU Member States. We are a fully-fledged diplomatic mission and represent the European Union in dealings with the Bosnia and Herzegovina government in areas that are part of the EU’s remit.
The post of Project Officer (Local Agent Group 1) in the Delegation’s Operations 2 Section. The team consists of 9 people and there are occasional atypical working hours.
Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve underthe supervision and responsibility of the Head of Operations 2 and Head of Cooperation, providing support, expertise and assistance in programming and implementation of EU financial assistance to Bosnia and Herzegovina in the area of Connectivity (transport, digitalisation, telecommunication and related investments through the Economic Investment Plan for the Western Balkans). More detailed tasks and duties currently required are described in the enclosed.
The base salary will depend on relevant and verified employment experience. There is a competitive benefits package, subject to certain conditions, including personal leave days and public holidays, health insurances and a retirement savings plan.
The expected start date will be January 2024.
Minimum requirements / eligibility criteria (necessary for the application to be considered)
- University degree relevant to the field or equivalent level of knowledge through extensive professional experience;
- 5 years of experience in the field of program implementation;
- Excellent command of English (C1) and local languages;
- Right to residence and work in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Good standing as citizen/resident;
- Medical fitness to carry out the tasks assigned.
Assets / selection criteria (basis for awarding points to select the best applicant)
- Master degree/PhD or equivalent;
- Sector specific program management;
- Previous experience in a diplomatic mission /international organization;
- Ability to conceptualise problems, identify and implement solutions;
- Capacity to analyse and structure information;
- Ability to understand and be understood;
- Capacity to communicate technical or specialised information;
- Drafting skills (synthetic style);
- Quality & process ability;
- Eye for details and accuracy;
- Capacity to deliver in a structured manner;
- Planning capacity;
- Capacity to interact in a professional and polite manner with colleagues and external beneficiaries;
- Capacity to consider the different points of views of others without being confrontational;
- Capacity to articulate opinions
How to apply
Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter, Europass format CV and a declaration on honour regarding the work rights/good standing/medical fitness via the [email protected] (Reference 004/23) no later than 24:00 07/11/2023. Only complete applications received on time via [email protected] will be considered.
The successful candidate will be subject to a medical check.
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection may include shortlisting of candidates based on the assessment of the information provided in the cover letter, CV and practical testing. The best candidates will be invited to the final interview.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The Delegation will inform the remaining candidates via website https://www.eeas.europa.eu/delegations/bosnia-and-herzegovina_en once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure. During the selection process, please do not contact the members of the Selection Committee, but address your questions and comments via [email protected].
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 24.10.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 15 dana (ističe 07.11.2023.)