Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified and motivated Project Team Leader who will be engaged full time and have the responsibility for providing timely and effective protection to refugees, asylum seekers and migrants (Persons of Concern – PoCs) in Una-Sana Canton, Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, Sarajevo Canton, Zenica-Doboj Canton and Tuzla Canton and other locations per need in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH).
Since the beginning of the migrant crisis in BIH, Danish Refugee Council (DRC) with its implementing partner Red Cross of Federation Bosnia and Herzegovina (RC FBiH) have been supporting local health services in the communities affected by the refugee/migrant flows through facilitation of direct response of health care providers and different levels of coordination mechanisms. The most expressed needs are reported by those service providers who are on the route of migrant movement, therefore requested to daily respond to the hardship that PoCs are exposed to, mainly resulting in serious health concerns (traumas, fractures, infectious and communicable diseases, respiratory disorders, etc.).
Health care institutions in local communities in BiH are currently under the impact of increased numbers of asylum seekers and migrants in protracted stay and steady number of new arrivals, resulting in intensive mobilization of medical staff (engaged, as well in COVID19 response), extremely large number of medical screenings, check-ups and emergency and serious interventions on a daily basis, including those to mental health patients.
In order to respond to the existing and evolving needs of Persons of Concern (PoCs), as well as health care institutions, with the support of Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), DRC and RC FBiH will provide a comprehensive response, involving a number of health care institutions in Una-Sana Canton, Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, Sarajevo Canton, Zenica-Doboj Canton and Tuzla Canton.
The Project (Response to humanitarian and health needs of migrants, asylum seekers and refugees in Bosnia and Herzegovina) will be realized in coordination with the Federal Ministry of Health and the relevant cantonal ministries of health (labor and social policy). Continual cooperation will be maintained with the World Health Organization BiH, Ministry of Security, the Ministry of Human Rights and Refugees and the Service of Foreign Affairs, EU Delegation to BiH, UN agencies, local and international agencies in BIH.
Project implementation period: 12 months (Nov 2020 – Nov 2021)
Period of Engagement: February – November 2021
Duty Station:Bihać USC or Sarajevo, SC (with frequent travels to locations in other cantons affected by the need to respond to migrant health needs, closing linking with DRC BiH Main office in Sarajevo);
Basic functions: Project Team Leader is responsible for managing activities of timely and effective support to the target population of migrants, asylum seekers and refugees in BiH through the DRC’ partnering with Red Cross Federation of BiH (First Aid Outreach activities) and capacity building of health care institutions in local communities and cantons, most affected by migrant flows in BiH.
Reference: Project Team Leader refers directly to DRC Program Manager.
- Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development);
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/support activities;
- Ensures daily monitoring of area;
- Asses the daily quality;
- Provide technical support and inputs;
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Overall coordination and management of all the Project and Work Plan activities with timely and quality delivery of outputs;
- Ensure that Project management tools, including detailed Logframe structure are in place, followed, exercised and updated;
- Collaborate with the project and support staff for effective performance and timely budget utilization;
- Provide guidance to the DRC implementing partner (RC FBiH) in its result performance and ensure full concordance with the project objectives;
- Facilitate the project team’s learning and knowledge sharing;
- Ensure that regular reporting (ad hoc, regular and periodic) for the donor and national authority purposes are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner;
- Ensure quality monitoring and evaluation of project interventions of DRC and its implementing partner (RC FBiH) against set indicators;
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with authorities at different levels, UN agencies, INGOs, community and other stakeholders to the benefit of PoCs;
- In line with this, represent DRC by actively participating in coordination meetings, working groups and public events;
- Pursue networking, information sharing and follow up on partnership related issues;
- Ensure that the donor communication and visibility requirements are implemented;
- Ensure full adherence to international humanitarian principles, donor requirements, DRC core values and code of conduct, technical standards and best practices;
- Perform other duties as requested by Program Manager.
Qualification and skills:
- At least a bachelors or college degree in social or economic sciences;
- Experience working in local or international NGOs and/or the UN system;
- Familiarity with humanitarian response linked to health care delivery in BIH;
- Familiarity with local community capacity building mechanism and related tools;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Valid driving license.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant job experience
Demonstration of DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Has ability to assess and analyze the situation and carry out follow-up actions
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of the project work
- Shows self-control, perseverance and resilience in the face of pressure or adversity
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, disability and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Establishes lasting relationships and substantive dialogue with actors
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
More information here