Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified and motivated Finance Admin Assistant who will have the responsibility to ensure efficient and effective financial/administrative operation of DRC Bosnia office. She/he will ensure compliance with DRC’s Operations Handbook alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules. She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/instructions and support from the Head of Support Services and Finance Officer.
About the organization
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been working in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1992 and closed its office in the country in 2010. In July 2018, DRC re-opened its mission responding to the increasing and priority needs of Person of Concern (PoCs), in close cooperation with the BiH Authorities. More specifically DRC BiH focuses on enhancing the overall protective environment for PoCs with particular focus on case management in SGBV and timely outreach response to human rights violations. DRC has a main office in Sarajevo and activities implemented in Una-Sana, Herzegovina-Neretva, Tuzla and Sarajevo Cantons, where there is the main focus of humanitarian action.
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Period of engagement: December 2019 – March 2020
Basic functions: The Finance Admin Assistant is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective financial/administrative operation of DRC Bosnia office. She/he will ensure compliance with DRC’s Operations Handbook alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules. She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/instructions and support from the Head of Support Services and Finance Officer. He/she is also responsible for providing support to the Finance Officer in recording and retrieving financial details of the organization including maintaining financial records, processing payments and cash handling.
Reference: The Finance Admin Assistant refers directly to the Head of Support Services and Finance Officer and works in close cooperation with them.
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Full professional proficiency in the English language
- Full proficiency/command of the Bosnian language
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
- Strong planning, problem-solving, analytical and writing skills, with the ability to use planning tools appropriately, and produce well-written documents for internal and external use
- Computer/IT literacy (OS Windows Suite, MS (Word, Excel in particular), etc.)
Qualifications & experience required
- Background in Economics / Accounting / Finance or Business Administration or other relevant field;
- At least 1 years’ in finance/administration within a non-governmental organization (NGO);
- Experience of analyzing financial information;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in one of the local languages spoken in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Strong command of written English and ability to speak clearly to various audiences;
- Computer literacy; including high capacity to use excel.
For more information with regards to the job position, please click here.
If you think this is an opportunity for you, apply via this link.
Application deadline: November 29, 2019.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.