DAI, a global consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from senior fiscal policy and public financial management (PFM) technical experts for long-term and short-term positions to support anticipated PFM and financial reform projects in Southeastern Europe. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in implementing successful fiscal reform and PFM programs supported by Information Technology (IT) interventions that improve fiscal accountability/transparency, enhance services, and improve fiscal discipline and overall PFM through enhanced fiscal analysis and planning, tax compliance, budgeting and treasury systems, and debt management.
Candidates with 15 or more years prior experience in one or more of the following technical areas are encouraged to apply:
- Fiscal planning and analysis with prior experience promoting the use of economic modeling (i.e. forecasting, micro-simulation, etc.) and building capacity for enhanced fiscal planning, reporting and policy formulation.
- Public debt management with prior experience advising governments on how to improve analytical capacities in debt management and debt reporting, including the use of IT solutions for debt management.
- Experience with managing programs and involve PFM Information Technology tools (design, development, testing, stabilization) to increase the quality and efficiency of IT platforms and technology to improve quality of public spending, improve tax compliance, and enhance the business environment through e-services.
Minimum qualifications include:
- At least 15 years of technical experience working in international development programs with expertise in one or more areas listed above. USAID management experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated success working with government reform programs.
- Higher degree in related field (Master’s or PhD).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional fluency in English.
- Previous experience in the Balkans highly preferred
- Previous experience building fiscal capacity of host country governments to comply with EU acquis for EU integration [MC1]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
More information here