Catholic Relief Services Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking a candidate for the position of Procurement Manager
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will manage all Country Program systems and processes for local and international procurement of goods and services to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to successfully manage the quality and efficiency of all procurement and purchasing activities and to ensure stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Manage fully compliant procurement systems and operating procedures and organize the procurement functions. Assess effectiveness and efficiency and lead improvements. Ensure compliance with CRS procurement principles, standards, and policies; donor regulations; and local statutory requirements.
- Coordinate with various departments to proactively assist with goods/services flow analysis and determine needs and quantity, quality and delivery requirements for goods and services and maintain an up-to-date procurement plan. Collaborate with budget holders to develop annual budget plans that meet procurement needs.
- Manage and control the analyze-to-contract process with strategic sourcing solutions to ensure the best value for money: market research and analysis, goods/services specifications and supplier evaluation criteria, solicitation documents, a transparent and consistent bidding process, etc. Prepare contracts
- Ensure the highest level of transparency and integrity amongst the procurement department and prevent fraud along the procurement process. Conduct periodic risk assessment along the procurement process.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality programming.
- Oversee and monitor relationships and transactions with suppliers, supplier performance, and contractual obligations to ensure contract completion per authorized terms and conditions. Take action to address current and/or potential contractual issues and/or inefficiencies to mitigate risk. Advise on contract/purchase order modifications, if needed.
- Monitor payment terms and schedules through maintenance of open order report and oversee coordination with the finance team to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Manage a reliable procurement document trail and database management system for control, accountability, and input for proper inventory recording. Ensure all required information and records are complete, accurate, up-to-date, and properly filed. Oversee reports preparation, consolidate reporting and analyze data for decision-making.
- Strong English skills
- Must be able to travel up to 20 %.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in Business Administration or another relevant field a plus
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in procurement/purchasing management, logistics, administration with increasing responsibility, preferably with an international organization.
- Good knowledge of various donor procurement regulations (e.g., USAID, EU, UN)
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and local market conditions.
- Strong knowledge of contract terms and proven ability to negotiate terms and agreements and build and maintain networks with suppliers.
- Experience in working in ERP system/s.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Strong negotiation, communication, and relationship management skills
- Good knowledge of and experience in CVA programming and operational requirements
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff) These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesProcurement Officer and Procurement Assistant
Key Working Relationships Internal: Country Manager, Head of Operations, Program and Operations teams External: Global Procurement Teams, Vendors, Suppliers
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates who meet all above requirements/qualifications have to send to [email protected] the following:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
The deadline for applications is April 30, 2022. Only short-listed applicants will be called for an interview and written test. CRS is not obliged to inform all applicants about the results of selection process.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 18.04.2022.
Trajanje oglasa: 12 dana (ističe 30.04.2022.)