The FARMA II Compliance Manager has the principal responsibility of working with the grants, operations, and technical teams to help the project meet its contractual objectives compliantly. This role will help ensure standard operating procedures are consistently implemented to fulfill contractual requirements, with a special focus on compliance in grant processes.
- Provide assistance and oversight of grants management to ensure requirements are being followed
- Work with Grants Manager and Technical Monitors to clarify and enforce distinction between grants/financial management and technical monitoring of grants. Support grants/financial management monitoring for grant implementation and closeout, to include site visits.
- Work with Grants Manager and Technical Monitors to ensure that monitoring occurs on a regular, risk-based basis, and that all due diligence and monitoring activities are properly documented.
- Work with Grants Manager to build the grants management capacity of other members of the Grants Team, which includes part-time support of the Grants & Office Assistant and Finance & Grants Specialist.Operations
- Work in close cooperation with Operations Director and Finance Specialist to ensure full compliance of financial, contractual, and operational records.
- Provide oversight to ensure local technical/programmatic subcontracts are compliantly solicited, evaluated, awarded, monitored, and thoroughly documented.Technical
- Serve as a resource to technical teams by responding to compliance-related questions and advising on various contractual matters and Cardno policy to rectify any ongoing or past activities noncompliance and ensure future activities follow suit.
- In collaboration with the senior managers, identify and analyze potential issues impacting project delivery schedule, quality and objectives.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in economics, finance or related discipline;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information;
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details and presentation;
- Excellent written and oral language skills in both BHS and English;
- Excellent computer skills (MS applications and others);
- Willingness to travel BiH-wide as needed (must poses valid driving license).
- 5+ years of relevant experience in grants management or senior program management;
- Demonstrates good understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of audit/compliance in a banking or financial services environment;
- Proven experience in finance/accounting is desired.
Timing and Level of Effort:
- This is a full time position for BiH Nationals;
- Position is based in Sarajevo with travel in BiH as needed;
- The implementation is expected on about April 2019 and end of the project (December 2020), subject to performance and availability of funds;
- This position reports to the Chief of Party and works in close relationship with the Grants Manager.
You can apply here. Deadline is March 24. 2019.