10-16 September 2019 | Yspertal, Austria
Are ready to live through and reflect on using and applying competence models with a specific focus on attitudes, values and inner readiness? Then we are looking forward to meet you in this training course!
Interkulturelle Zentrum, the Austrian National Agency for Erasmus+: Youth in Action in cooperation with SALTO Training & Cooperation Resource Centre and with the support of JUGEND für Europa, is glad to announce the second edition of this training course addressed to trainers training trainers & youth workers, as well as educators of youth workers, who are ready to live through and reflect on using and applying competence models with a specific focus on attitudes, values and inner readiness.
The intentions of the course are:
- To explore and experience the development of a competence-based approach in youth work training & education
- To experiment how to use competence models in training /curriculum development by focusing on some essential dimensions: attitudes, values, and inner readiness
- To reflect on the development of a needs-based approach in training and education activities
- To identify further application of participants’ learning outcomes in their working contexts
- To explore the understanding what forms a competence: what potential is offered to participants; what about the magic when it happens?
Should you be interested by this course, please be ready for the following elements:
- Self-assessment to support working on and along learning needs
- Experiential outdoor activities (e.g. walks, exercises and a possible night outside in the nature) – this is a big part of the programme
- Individual and group reflection
- Discourses on how to put the learning and experience(s) into own practice
Interested applicants with mobility impairement should first contact the organisers.
The course will follow the same principles than those developed for COMETS (see attachment). The team of trainers for this training course are Peter Hofmann, Arturas Deltuva, and Gisele Evrard Markovic (SALTO T&C RC).
Following the selection process, the training team might contact the participants with specific information and tasks regarding the further development of the programme.
Participant profile: this training course is addressed to trainers and educators being active and advanced in the implementation of (international) trainings. It offers them an opportunity to come together to reflect upon, discuss and develop further their attitudes and their inner readiness to work with and on a competence model based approach. The overall purpose of the training course is to lift the potential of participants to take further steps in their professional practice. In this context, advanced means that the trainers-learners have the capacity to direct and reflect upon their own learning and in particular, the ability to self-assess their own competences.
The competence model which will be used as an example for this training course is the European Training Strategy (ETS) Competence Model for Trainers Working at International Level – www.salto-youth.net/trainercompetences developed by SALTO Training & Cooperation Resource Centre (SALTO T&C RC).
10 September 2019 is the arrival day; 16 September is the departure one.
More information here.