This program is targeted to women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. These are women who:
- Possess a minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavor in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women;
- Will be immediately returning to their community and sector following the program to put their learning into practice;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities·
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community-based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals. Successful participants are responsible for costs pertaining to acquiring a visa to enter Canada;
Program participants benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished women leaders in Canada and from around the world. The program is led by a core team of faculty in the International Centre for Women’s Leadership and supported by other Coady faculty and associates.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please click here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.
Read more here.