Supporting new talent from around the world to produce engaging + creative media in developing countries
Application deadline: Thu, 2 April 2020
What are the benefits?
- Year-long, remote programme of support
- £1000 production grant
- Executive producer for your project
- One-to-one career mentorship
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
- Industry workshops + webinars
- Network of like-minded Fellowship alumni
Who are we looking for?
- Journalists and filmmakers ready to take the next leap in their career reporting from developing countries
- Anyone from all around the world. We particularly encourage submissions from BAME applicants
- 10 International Fellows + 10 Fellows across Africa
What projects do we support?
- Creative and engaging non-fiction stories from developing countries
- Proposals for a short documentary film, print, audio or multimedia piece
- Projects that highlight the voices of people who are not often heard
- Proposals that demonstrate a willingness to work with their subjects in co-production of a story
Join a network of passionate and talented filmmakers, journalists and media makers!
Since 2001, the Fellowship (previously the Production Fund) has supported 208 emerging journalists and filmmakers to report from 75 developing countries. This has grown into a welcoming and collaborative community of One World Media alumni – a community that our Fellows have the invaluable opportunity to become a part of.
Find more information here.