The Culture & Animals Foundation (CAF) provides annual grants to scholars and artists using their intellect, creativity, and compassion to build a deeper understanding of human–animal relationships and a greater respect for animal rights.
CAF accepts proposals from November 1 to January 31 of each year.
Applications must be received by February 1.
Applications should not exceed 20 MB file size.
Application files must be submitted in PDF format. Please use this convention for naming files: JDoe1, JDoe2, JDoe3.
Please have ready to include the following: a resume or curriculum vitae with cover page, complete budget information (as specific as you can), and two letters of support along with a brief bio of the letters’ authors.
For project information, please have ready to include the following:
- The mission or purpose of your project
- A definition of the need your project intends to meet
- The targeted population for your project
- Expected results
- Timetable and process for achieving results
- How you will evaluate the success of your proposal
Include any supplemental materials that you feel will strengthen the application, for example, excerpts from scholarly articles, performance reviews and images of original artwork. Applicants may also provide links to their work on their or other websites
- Grant amounts range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.
- On average, fewer than 20 grants are awarded annually.
- CAF does not fund “hands-on” projects including animal rescue, public protest or
- CAF does not accept grant applications for multiple projects.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek additional sources of funding for their projects.
- Applicants will be notified upon receipt of their complete applications.
- Applicants will be notified of results by March 31.
- You can find a PDF version of the application form here. Please only submit applications through the online form.
More information: https://www.cultureandanimals.org/grants/grant-application/