Deadline:May 13, 2022
Location:Bosnia and Herzegovina
Organization:American Bar Association (ABA ROLI)
Sectors:Human Rights, Justice Reform, Programme & Resource Management
Job type:Permanent position
Work experience:From 7 years
Date posted:Apr 19, 2022
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks local nationals to apply for a Program Coordinator to lead a United States Department of State-funded program in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), which has been organizing and facilitating a Bosnian-led process to improve the country’s Criminal Procedure Codes (BiH CPC, Republic Srpska CPC, Federation of BiH CPC and Brcko District CPC).
The Program Coordinator will be the lead implementer responsible for compliance with project timeline and outputs, as well as serve as operational head of the local ABA ROLI BiH office in Sarajevo. This Program Coordinator will organize all project activities and manage day-to-day communications with local partners and stakeholders across the country. The Program Coordinator will also monitor activities and lead frequent evaluation check-ins with ABA ROLI staff in Washington, DC and the Department of State in Sarajevo. S/he will be a BiH citizen with in-depth knowledge of the country’s criminal justice reform process and valuable contacts with local justice sector stakeholders and universities. S/he will have at least seven to ten years of international development and program management experience.
The duties of this post include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Managing ABA ROLI’s BIH program, including ensuring program goals are met, resources are utilized in accordance with budgets, and monitoring and evaluation are undertaken;
• Ensuring compliance with Department of State donor requirements and ABA policies;
• Initiating, nurturing and expanding working relationships with government counterparts (including the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Education), civil society organizations (CSOs), academic institutions such as law schools, and others in BiH involved in the rule of law sector;
• Serving as point of contact for program with U.S. government (USG) representatives in BiH;
• Developing and monitoring budgets in cooperation with Finance and Program staff;
• Managing field finance manager and overseeing procurement, vendor contracts and payments, ensuring all aspects are within ABA, USG, and BiH regulations;
• Providing financial oversight and administrative support for program close-out, including coordinating financial and administrative support for other program staff;
• Be ABA ROLI’s authorized signatory in BiH for its local office;
• Managing and tracking program budgets, produce monthly budget pipelines, expense reports, and cash requests for U.S. office;
• Managing program staff and providing coaching and development as required;
• Understanding the operational and political environment and keeping ABA ROLI team informed.
• Required at least seven to ten years of progressively responsible experience in international development and program management;
• Preferred Master’s in Law degree, required Law degree from an accredited university;
• Required Previous experience with the criminal justice system in Bosnia, and/or in the region;
• Solid and thorough understanding of the socio-political context in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
• Experience working with USG donor-funded projects, ideally with familiarity with U.S. regulations;
• Experience managing staff;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with Bosnian government entities, academic institutions and other relevant stakeholders;
• Required strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in English and Bosnian;
• High degree of organization, professionalism, integrity, trustworthiness and flexibility;
• Ideally, experience working in a non-profit/association/CSO setting.
Interested applicants should submit their CV to [email protected] with email subject line: “BiH – Program Coordinator Position”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with an application deadline of Friday, May 13, 2022 at 23:59 Sarajevo time.
More info here