Do you have what it takes to be a Balkanvibe.com travel blogger? Send us your best original blog about the Balkans, and if your post vibes with us, we will publish it on our website and expand your audience to include thousands of readers and fellow travelers!
By submitting your blog entries, you enter a chance to go on a free, 2-week trip around the Balkans. This is the first in a series of Balkanvibe.com trips to be hosted in the coming year. Even if you aren’t selected for this trip, we hope to connect with new partners to write for us in the future (a paid opportunity!).
How to enter:
Please submit up to three original, Balkan-related entries between 800 and 1,500 words– with 5 to 10 photographs included– by Friday, August 12, 2016. All entries must be original and can be previously-published work. All entries must identify and correspond to at least one of the following Balkanvibe.com categories (multiple categories per article permitted):
- Culture & Art
- Nature’s Way
- Party & Nightlife
- Sport & Adventure
- Food & Drink
- Business Traveler
- Music & Festivals
- Fashion & Design
- Community & Activism
- Family Fun
- Who’s Who
- Round 1: The contest will be open July 8 to August 12, 2016, and we invite all travel bloggers to submit their best stories. Balkanvibe.com will publish entries over the span of the 5-week period. All entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, social media virality, style, content, accuracy of information, and bloggers’ network. On August 15, we will announce the 15 finalists selected to advance to the second round of the contest.
- Round 2: Over the following two weeks (August 15-29), the 15 finalists will compete for best entry. Selection will be based on quality of content as well as the number of social media interactions (views, shares, likes, etc.) on the Balkanvibe.com website. On August 31, Balkanvibe.com will announce the 3 winners, who will receive a 2-week, all-expense-paid trip across the Balkans in a Balkanvibe.com camper.
- Winners will be announced on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 via e-mail and Balkanvibe.com social media communities (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- The top 3 winners will receive an all-expense paid trip across the Balkans for 2 weeks in a branded camper. You will have a set itinerary (TBD) of excursions and tours.
- Each winner will take their trip across the region independently, with varying itineraries.
- Winners commit to writing one blog post for each day of the trip (800-2,000 words), as well as updates referencing Balkanvibe.com on their social media accounts. Blog entries will be posted to the Balkanvibe.com website, and will include cross-branding with your personal blog.
- All contest entries must be in English.
- All contest entries must be submitted as a Word document to [email protected] by .
- All entries must be emailed with the following subject line:
“Balkanvibe Travel Blogger Contest- [FIRST NAME] [LAST NAME] [ENTRY #]”
- Entrants must agree to, fill out, and submit the Balkanvibe.com Blogger Agreement Form with each entry submission.
- Author’s name, email, and phone number should appear at the top of the article, and entered exactly as entrants would like it published on Balkanvibe.com and in contest announcements. Phone numbers and email addresses will NOT be shared, but used for contact purposes with the entrant.
- Authors may submit up to three entries, but they must be submitted individually. If an author submits more, Balkanvibe.com will accept only the first three entries into the contest.
- Entrants must include 5 to 10 photos in their entry.
- Entrants should include a short author bio (75 words max.) and an author headshot to publish with their travel article. The author bio may contain one link to the author’s website, blog, or any other online destination chosen by the entrant. No more than one link per bio will be published.