The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is an international financial institution with 69 members (67 countries, the European Union and the European Investment Bank). Bosnia and Herzegovina has been selected as the Host Country for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development’s (EBRD) 28th Annual Meeting and Business Forum in Sarajevo on 08 – 09 May 2019.
The agency Via Media has been appointed to assist the Host Country with the preparation and delivery of this important event. For this purpose, Via Media will select and hire 19 delegation assistants for a period of work from Monday 06 to Thursday 09 May 2019 (4 working days), from approximately 08:00 hours to approximately 18:00 hours daily.
Delegations are usually made up of high-ranking officials from the shareholders of the EBRD, and may include Ministers and Heads of State. The number of Delegates can vary from one to ten or more.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
The role of Delegation Assistants is to provide secretarial and administrative support to the Delegations and ensure the smooth organisation of the meeting schedules (as instructed by the Constituency Assistant). Duties include:
- Keeping the diaries, arranging internal and external meetings, receiving visitors
- Typing of speeches, e-mails, reports, etc;
- Photocopying and distributing documents and other materials as and when required to Delegates, the Constituency Office members and staff members;
- Ad-hoc administrative duties as required;
- Supplying information on venues and local transportation for social events, local customs etc. as required;
- Organising refreshments.
Essential Skills And Experience
- Fluent English (written and spoken), and fluency in other languages is desirable (Russian, French, German, Spanish, Chinese or Arabic);
- Proficiency in typing and computer literate (Outlook/Word/Excel);
- Strong administrative/organisational skills with ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to understand and comply with deadlines, prioritising as necessary;
- Ability to follow instructions, particularly from the Constituency Assistant;
- Good communication skills, including pleasant and efficient telephone manner, diplomacy and tact;
- Willingness to assist others and responsive to the needs of the Delegation.
- Smart presentation and professional attitude;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, and a capacity for hard work;
- Ability to work efficiently and cheerfully as part of a team;
- Good sense of priorities and initiative, with an eye for detail;
- Reliable, with good time-keeping, flexible and willing to work overtime if required.
This job description is not limited to the responsibilities listed, and the Delegation Assistants may be requested to perform other relevant duties as required.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to email: [email protected] quoting “DELEGATION ASSISTANT” in the subject field.