USAID and the Government of Sweden have awarded Cardno Emerging Markets USA a five-year US$18 million contract for implementation of the Fostering Agricultural Markets Activity II (FARMA II) project in Bosnia & Herzegovina (BiH). The purpose of the FARMA II Project is to create agricultural and agribusiness economic opportunities for BiH farmers and entrepreneurs.
FARMA II will achieve this by assisting agricultural producer organizations (POs) to adopt European Union (EU) and international agricultural and food standards and new production techniques, produce new high value products and expand their access to foreign and domestic markets. The objective of FARMA II is to strengthen the competitiveness of the BiH private sector resulting in greater sales and exports of selected agri-food products.
Timing and Level of Effort
Total LOE is estimated at up to 30 days, including assessment, training preparation and is expected to take place between February and end of December 2019. The consultant is expected to undertake tripsand field visits throughout the BiH during this period. On-line support, as stated earlier,is required during the period.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in agriculture or horticulture is a must; ideally, a post-graduate degree in agricultureor horticulture with specialization in production of vegetables;
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Goodwritten and oral communication skills inEnglish language is preferred;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Proven practicaltraining-of-trainer experience;
- Previous experience in BiH in this sector considered an advantage.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the agri-food sector;
- Relevant professional advisory experience in the F&V sector, ideally with particular experience in the vegetable sector and proven knowledge and experience of the relevant phytosanitary standards and trading requirements standards;
- At least 5 years of extensive previous experience in both classroom and on-farm-training on production of vegetables in protected area;
- Demonstrated understanding the market demand for vegetablesis an advantage;
This is short term technical assistance (STTA) position for BiH Nationals.
We encourage qualifying candidates to send a Cover Letter including three References and CV of 3-pages or less via option “BRZA PRIJAVA“.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is February 17, 2019.
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd is an equal opportunityemployer.
All information received will be treated with confidentiality.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.