Deadline: 1 June 2018 (for period of funding from 1 July–31 December); 1 December 2018 (for period of funding from 1 January–30 June)
Open to: international students
Scholarship: the maximum amount of funding is EUR 720 per month
The University of Hamburg is pleased to offer Degree Completion Grants for international students to study in Germany. The maximum funding period for students pursuing Diplom, Magister, Staatsexamen degrees is twelve months.
This scholarship aims to assist high achieving and highly motivated international research scholars at Hamburg University.
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg) is one of the largest of its kind in Germany.
Persons entitled to funding are students who:
- are not German citizens;
- are not eligible for BAföG (federal student loan scheme);
- are preparing for or are in the final examination phase of their studies;
- have no financial support during this phase (proof required).
International students studying fee-based degree programs are eligible for this grant in exceptional cases, but they will not have priority in the selection procedure.
Students pursuing Diplom, Magister, or Staatsexamen degrees may apply for a 12-month grant with their first application.
- As a rule, the funding period for degree completion grant is 6 months. The maximum amount of funding is EUR 720 per month;
- The amount of each grant is calculated according to the criteria stipulated in the German federal training assistance act (Bundesgesetz über individuelle Förderung der Ausbildung, BAföG);
- If the final examination is not completed within the 6-month period, an extension may be requested. The maximum funding period is 12 months.
How to apply?
For the relevant application periods, please use the corresponding application link and log yourself in using your STiNE ID (detailed instructions on applying online are available here):
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
Online applications require the following documents:
- tabular CV;
- reason for your application;
- tabular schedule detailing all steps leading to your final examination;
- an evaluation from the supervisor of your final thesis.
You must upload these documents to the online application portal.
For more information, please visit the official web page.