The University of Michigan Library’s Special Collections Research Center invites applications for fellowships for research in residence. We will award William P. Heidrich Research Fellowships to support research projects that require substantial on-site use of the Joseph A. Labadie Collection during calendar year 2019. The fellowships will provide funds for on-site research on any topic that is supported by the Labadie Collection. Applications for support for all types of research projects — academic, creative, journalistic, etc. — will be considered, and no specific credentials are required.
- $1,500 for a project requiring a residence of one week or more
- $3,000 for a project requiring a residence of three weeks or more.
- Application deadline: September 28, 2018
- Notification of award: November 2, 2018
- Award must be used by December 20, 2019.
- Project proposal (500 words or fewer) describing the research topic and why Labadie Collection materials are central to the work. Please be as specific as possible.
- Personal statement (500 words or fewer) to further support your application
- Two letters of support
- CV or resume
Applications must be submitted online through Submittable.
United States citizens and foreign nationals are eligible to apply. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. There are no academic requirements.
Find here more details.