Position type: Consultancy
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
School/Unit: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Department/Office: Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
Categories: Adolescent Development, Child Protection, Communication for Development (C4D), Education, Gender Equality, Health, Innovation, Programme Management, Chief Field Office, WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Early Childhood Development, Expanded Programme Immunization, Knowledge Management, Statistics and Monitoring, Consultancy, HIV/AIDS, Human Rights, Monitoring and Evaluation, Nutrition, Planning, Social and Economic Policy
Closing date: Tuesday, 12 December 2017
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Duration: 150 working days within the period 1 January – 15 December 2018
- flexible working arrangements based on project needs; office-based with foreseeable travel
Knowledge Management, Communications and Outreach:
- Develop a project communications plan in line with the ‘Communicating as One’ approach;
- Oversee the implementation of the PR and outreach activities in line with the communications plan to ensure achievement of the project’s goals;
- Support the development of various communications tools (media advisories, press releases, media kits, interviews, various print and online promotional materials, etc.);
- Ensure dissemination of information and knowledge management within the IT
- Girls team and Advisory Board for effective project implementation;
- Mainstream key results achieved and knowledge acquired through ongoing monitoring and evaluation during the life cycle of the project, and beyond;
- Keep record on all project deliverables, documents, files, list of beneficiaries, partners, equipment and materials to national beneficiaries;
- Support awareness raising on mainstreaming of inclusive quality education and gender equality within project implementation;
- Ensure targeted-outreach for girls and adolescents, parents, communities, vulnerable groups, private sector, educational institutions and potential donors.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- University degree in social sciences, education, informatics/ICT, or other relevant degree.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience and demonstrated knowledge in the area of communications and outreach, ICT, youth/adolescent development, gender equality, empowerment of women, and/or agile project management;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of formal and non-formal education, information technologies, and communications;
- Understanding of the overall political, administrative and institutional context of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Fluency in English and local languages is required;
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the area of digital literacy, information technology and computer literacy;
- Demonstrated excellent coordination and inter-personal skills, ability to build coalitions and partnerships including with the private sector;
- Strong innovation and creative thinking skills, strong writing skills;
- Familiarity with the UN system and previous experience of working for or with the UN is considered an asset.
In order to apply for this vacancy please submit: a letter of interest, financial offer (lump-sum amount excluding travel).
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
For further details please contact Human Resources, UNICEF Office in Sarajevo, Ms. Marina Kadic at 387 33 293 606, [email protected]