UNESCO, in collaboration with the National Commission of People’s Republic of China for UNESCO, is pleased to invite young women and men aged 18-30 years, from countries along the maritime and terrestrial Silk Roads to participate in the Third International Youth Forum on Creativity and Heritage along the Silk Roads (IYF3), to be held in Changsha and Nanjing, 31 March to 6 April 2019.
The IYF3 is focusing on the theme “Youth Creativity and Innovation in the Age of Media Arts” with objectives to:
- provide young people an opportunity to voice their interests and concerns on advancing creativity through the promotion of tangible and intangible cultural heritage towards a sustainable future, utilizing the Media Arts as tools and vectors for this purpose;
- seek to mobilize youth inclusion in the cultural and creative industries that promote our common heritage through the vast array of Media Arts.
The Experience Changsha Media Arts Residency Programme, as part of Changsha Media Arts Festival & International Youth Forum on Creativity and Heritage along the Silk Roads, is organized by Changsha Municipal People’s Government, with the support of UNESCO Beijing Office. The 2019 Residency Programme will last for one month, from 7 April to 3 May 2019 inclusive.
They invite qualified young artists, artistic entrepreneurs from UNESCO Media Arts cities, aged 18 to 30, with at least 2 years of work experience as well as students with formal training in Media Arts and Design to join the Program.
Interested applicants for the IYF3, who are between the ages of 18 to 30 and coming from a country along the terrestrial and maritime Silk Roads in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe and North America, the Arab States, and the Asia and Pacific region, are strongly encouraged to submit applications as requested.
Selected applicants will be hosted by the Changsha Development Center of Media Arts for the duration of the Experience. Air tickets, accommodation, meals, basic health coverage, and pocket money (2000RMB) will be provided by the Changsha Development Center of Media Arts.
How to apply?
Interested applicants must:
- Complete the Application Form ;
- Submit your personal CV in English;
- Submit a portfolio of your media artworks and projects (10 pictures or 1 video minimum for each work or projects);
- Submit a copy of your University degree(s)/Technical college certificate(s) or relevant Diploma(s) for studies in the Media Arts and Design, including your grades if you are a student;
- Transcript and a Letter of Recommendation on letterhead from your training college, or employer;
- Submit in writing a one (1) page proposal (300 English Words minimum) of the project (indoor or outdoor) you would like to design and work on during the Experience Changsha Media Arts Program.
For more information, please visit the official web page.