Location : Sarajevo, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
Application Deadline : 25-Sep-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 19d 17h 30m
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : Three (3) months with possibility of extension
Provide Research, Documentation and Knowledge Generation Support:
- Conduct research in the gender equality priority areas that is determined jointly by the supervisor, gender specialist and the intern;
- Provide concurrent research and documentation support for ongoing gender equality related initiatives and briefing/concept notes;
- Collate and organize knowledge resources and facilitate their dissemination;
- Draft, review and/or edit gender equality related inputs such as: texts, blogs, knowledge products, narrative reports, research reports, evaluation reports etc. for
- MZ initiatives, sub-projects and MZ web platform;
- Compile best practices, lessons learnt, experiences and stories with a gender angle of the key thematic development areas;
- Provide relevant inputs for UNDP CO Gender Action Plan.
Provide Knowledge and Information Management Support:
- Assist in preparation of knowledge resources, communications and background material for internal and external use, including fact sheets on gender equality issues;
- Support content creation and/or editing of gender equality inputs of the MZ web portal and social media;
- Support aggregation of data and consolidation of gender equality related information;
- Assist in day to day management, documentation and reporting on gender equality activities as required;
- Provide technical and logistical support for organizing workshops, meetings and consultations with relevant stakeholders;
- Participate in various meetings with partners and other stakeholders and prepare notes/meeting minutes.
- Gender equality research and documentation for the project, including research reports, briefing notes and narratives;
- Knowledge resources and communications material including for MZ web platform and social media developed;
- Best practices, lessons learnt, experiences and stories with a gender angle of the key thematic development areas;
- Compile and update databases for knowledge resources and partners;
- Provide support for organising trainings/events/meetings.
How to Apply
- The candidate should apply online through the Job Site by submitting his/her CV and motivation letter.
Terms and conditions
- UNDP internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship; however, you will gain valuable insight into UNDP and a global network;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern or sponsoring institution;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months;
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for their education programme;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with
- UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.