UN Women is seeking to recruit the national consultant to support the Beijing+25 Review Process in Bosnia and Herzegovina, draft Beijing+25 review report and subsequently develop Country Gender Equality Profile.
The national consultant will work in cooperation and coordination with the BiH Gender Equality Agency, and he/she will be responsible for developing an analytical basis for the review process, including the methodology for public consultations and stakeholder validation, by achieving the following objectives:
- Developing a draft Beijing+25 Review Report based on the inputs on progress received from the Agency for Gender Equality
- Developing a methodology and facilitating input collection from a variety of stakeholders
- Analyzing stakeholders’ input and making recommendations for final Beijing+25 Review Report drafting
- Compiling the comments and recommendations into the final Beijing+25 Review Report
- Conducting additional research for the Country Gender Equality Profile
- Developing a draft Country Gender Equality Profile
- Compiling the comments and recommendations into the final Country Gender Equality Profile
- Builds strong relationships;
- Focuses on impact and results and responds positively to feedback;
- Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modelling UN values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Displays cultural, gender, nationality, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in Gender Studies, Political Science, Policy Studies, Sociology, Social Sciences, or related fields.
Skills and Experience:
- At least seven years of experience working as policy researcher/analyst in the fields of gender equality, political science, social sciences or related field;
- Strong understanding of gender and development;
- Knowledge of Gender Institutional Mechanisms, legislative and institutional framework for combating gender-based violence;
- Track record of work relevant to the assignment;
- Previous experience working/consulting for international projects/programmes;
- Fluency in English and B/H/S, excellent spoken and written skills.
For more information and application check here.