The role: Psychologist – two positions, based in Bihać, Bosnia and Herzegovina with frequent travel within the Una-Sana Canton
As a member of the Emergency mobile team, Psychologist will provide psychosocial first aid and individual/group counselling to refugee and migrant children with focus on unaccompanied or separated children as well as provide psychosocial support to other vulnerable groups such as mothers, pregnant women, etc. Psychologist will ensure Child Protection Monitoring – particularly focusing on unaccompanied and separated children – ensuring appropriate mechanisms are in place for identification, care, referral, registration and reunification and will follow up and support particularly vulnerable individuals. As a member of the Emergency mobile team, psychologist is responsible for timely execution of project activities with team members and key project stakeholders and will contribute in design and caring out project activities aimed to increase refugee and migrant children’s resilience and wellbeing.
Qualifications and experience:
· University degree in psychology;
· A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working with children/adolescents and their families required;
· Thorough understanding on children’s needs and child development in difficult circumstances;
· Understanding of child protection system – national, cantonal and preferably protection system functioning in emergencies – case management and referral pathways for children at risk;
· Ability to work under pressure, to manage and prioritise competing demands and to meet strict deadlines with quality outputs;
· Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours;
· Strongly motivated by humanitarian work;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Fluency in written and spoken in English and B/H/S languages
· Strong computer skills;
· Valid Driver’s license and willingness to undertake intensive driving within Una-Sana Canton;
· Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, the organisational mandate and child safeguarding
Contract length: 5 months including obligatory probation period.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
Application consisting of CV with names and contact information of three references and a cover letter can be sent by e-mail to: [email protected]
The vacancy is open till Wednesday, November 7, 2018. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and an interview.