The European Youth Award (contest) is EYA’s flagship initiative. It is a European-wide contest to motivate young people, social entrepreneurs, and start-ups to produce digital projects having an impact on society. It demonstrates their potential to create innovative solutions with the Internet and Mobile technology addressing the goals defined by the Council of Europe and Europe 2020 as well as the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The annual winners event (EYA Festival) is a unique event combining knowledge – innovation – networking – inspiration – motivation taking place in Graz at the end of November. It is a public event and everybody is welcome to join. EYA’s global sister project is the WSA. Both initiatives are organized by the International Center for New Media, a Non-Profit Organization based in Salzburg, Austria.
For EYA any digital project can be submitted. This contains all mobile and web-based applications, such as: apps, web pages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, SMS based products, mobile games, and interactive mobile productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with. The submitted digital project, product or application must be functional and operational at the time of submission. It has to be (at least) in a prototype or beta-version stage.
All submitted products must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2018. For a project or product completed earlier, the submitters have to document significant alterations and/or improvements and/or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
A product can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same team, each product requires a separate registration. Submissions which have been submitted in the EYA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and/or improvements and/or additions.
- EYA is open to any entrepreneur, company team, student group or project team, where at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team is under the age of 33;
- The participants must be living in one of the member states of the European Union, Council of Europe, or Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus or Kosovo;
- The participants must have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project to improve society (ex. website, app, wearable device, digital installation) and submitted it to the EYA database until July 31 (submission open from March on) in one of the EYA categories.
Eligible Regions: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritania, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- One producer or representative per winning project is invited to the EYA Festival (Winners Event) in Graz from Nov 27-30, 2019;
- Travel costs will be covered with a lump sum on the basis of an average trip for one person from the place of living to Graz;
- Accommodation will be provided (double room);
- Winners will be mentored by the EYA mentoring team AND former EYA winners;
- Two comprehensive checks and fresh ideas for the winners project from international and local students digging deep into their projects for several weeks;
- An invitation to the EYA Festival to learn from outstanding speakers experienced entrepreneurs and opinion-leaders;
- An international stage to present the winner’s innovative project in front of an expert jury and huge audience;
- Recognition at the EYA Gala Ceremony by international laudators;
- Winners’ projects featured through EYA’s and partners’ channels and in the annual catalog;
- A professional video about winners’ project;
- International reputation and legitimacy.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official web page.