Are you an amateur or professional photographer? Use your skills to capture pictures that not only show but tell amazing stories and submit your photos to the #SkillsInAction Photo Competition! This competition is organized as part of UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre’s activities in celebrating World Youth Skills Day this July 2017.
Can I participate?:
You are welcome to participate as long as:
- you are at least 18 years old. You can either be a professional or amateur photographer.
- you are the owner or copyright holder of the photo entry/entries.
What should my photo show?
It is time to highlight the opportunities and positive impact of TVET for people, their families and their local communities.
We want you to capture amazing moments when skills are in action, showing how Technical and vocational education and training (TVET) and skills development are contributing to one of the following:
- Encouraging youth employment and entrepreneurship – showing how youth are able to put skills acquired into practice, leading to securing jobs or starting their own businesses.
- Promoting equity and gender equality –showing how access to skills development should be for all young people and how skills development can overcome gender stereotypes and inequality issues
- Facilitating transition to sustainable economies and societies – showing how young people with skills can adopt to cater for sustainable development and to address climate change and other sustainable development related issues
Until when can I submit?
What can I win?
The winners of the #SkillsInAction Photo Competition will win the following prizes:
- 1st Prize – Tablet + winner certificate
- 2nd Prize – Camera + winner certificate
- Finalist – Finalist Certificates
A special Prize will be awarded to the most popular photo on Facebook.
Winning photographs will also be featured on UNESCO-UNEVOC website and its social media platforms in line with the celebration of the #WYSD (World Youth Skills Day).
Make sure you read through the submission process before sending in you pictures!
More info here.