Save the Children in North West Balkans (SCiNWB) seeks an Education Officer to support the implementation of the Save the Children emergency response to Refugees and Migrants Crisis in Una-Sana Canton.
As a member of the Emergency Response Team, the Education Officer is responsible for identification, technical and financial monitoring, and successful implementation of his/her humanitarian projects. The Education Officer works closely with Response Team Leader as well as other relevant technical staff and sectors within SCiNWB, to ensure the identification and cost-effective, timely and result based management and implementation of humanitarian projects.
The post will be based in Bihać with frequent travel to sites where Save the Children has emergency response.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree in social sciences or relevant;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working with children/adolescents and their families required;
- Thorough understanding on children’s needs and child development in difficult circumstances;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in implementation of programs/projects in education/inclusive education sector, e.g. experience on themes pertaining inclusiveness, equity, quality and relevance in education sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Region;
- Ability to work under pressure, to manage and prioritise competing demands and to meet strict deadlines with quality outputs;
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours;
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and B/H/S languages;
Strong computer skills;
- Valid Driver’s license and willingness to undertake intensive driving within Una-Sana Canton;
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, the organisational mandate and child safeguarding.
- Contract length: 7 months including obligatory probation period.
They employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. They also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
They are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday;
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that;
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
They know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. Organization value theirv people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All otheir representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
Application consisting of CV with names and contact information of three references and a cover letter can be sent by e-mail to: [email protected]
The vacancy is open till Wednesday, January 23, 2019. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and an interview.
Location: Bihac, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Contract – Full-Time
Closing date: Tuesday 22 January 2019
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
More information, here.