The role: Education Programme Manager, based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina with frequent travel within the region
As a member of the Program Implementation Department, Education Programme Manager is responsible to lead implementation of the Education thematic area of Save the Children in North West Balkans by managing the education team in delivering quality education program as defined in the Country Strategic Plan, approved project applications, Save the Children’s standards and donor requirements. It that respect he/she is responsible for design and develop detailed implementation plan for the thematic area that will ensure achieving program objectives, provision of technical assistance-guidance to staff within the thematic area ensuring that all program deliverables within the thematic area he/she is responsible for are up the highest quality and submitted on time to all stakeholders. He/she serves as the budget holder for the thematic area (forecasting and monitoring).
In his/her capacities will work closely with the other thematic leads, Program Development and Quality Department to ensure continuous development of the education programme and overall program, documentation of best practice, lessons learned and quality reporting (internally and externally).
Also he/she is responsible for emergency preparedness and response in thematic area under his/her responsibility that reflects SC full spectrum programming.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in relevant field, or BA with equivalent field experience (min five years)
- Extensive experience of working in education programmes in both development/emergency context and at least 3 years of experience in management of programmes specific to education
- Experience of remote managing programmes and working through partners
- Proven capacity in all segments of project cycle management
- Proven capacity to supervise, and coach staff in education technical skills and programme management
- Experience working and building the capacity of partners on technical issues
- Specific experience of designing and managing major donor projects and understanding of donor compliance
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation processes and methodologies.
- Proven ability to work effectively with partner organisations and other stakeholders
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies.
Contract length: 12 months including obligatory probation period with possibility of extension
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
Application consisting of CV with names and contact information of three references and a cover letter can be sent by e-mail to: [email protected]
The vacancy is open till Monday, 19 March 2018. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Contract – Full-Time
Closing date: Sunday 19 March 2018