It is time to study in Belgium by joining this Full PhD Scholarships for international students from developing countries. If you win the scholarships, you have a chance to study at K.U. Leuven University next year. Check everything you need to know below.
The Full PhD Scholarships for international students from developing countries are designed and hosted by IRO, the University’s Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation. The programme aims the international students who want pursue their PhD research degree at KU Leuven. So, the students who want to provide other scholarships like Sandwich programmes aren’t eligible. The available fields of study are as follow:
- Doctoral or pre-doctoral programmes in the Schools of Humanities and Social Sciences, Science, Engineering and Technology, or Biomedical Sciences.
- The research topics proposed by the KU Leuven Doctoral Schools can be found on their respective websites.
- The coverage of the scholarships is to cover the scholars’ Tuition fee, Health and Life Insurances, partner and child allowances, monthly stipend, and travel. The Katholieke Universiteit is located in Flanders, Belgium.
Here is the list of eligibility criteria of the Full PhD Scholarships for international students from developing countries as follow:
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the countries on the OCDE DAC table that are considered as:
- Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries or Low Middle Income Countries.
- The applicant may not possess a citizenship from an EU country. The applicant may not posses a long-term EU residence permit.
- The candidate’s latest master’s degree must have been awarded no more than ten years prior to 1 October 2017 (including the ongoing calendar year).
- The candidate must hold an academic qualification at least equivalent to a high distinction. Degrees obtained with a final score equivalent to second class second/lower division will not be taken into consideration.
Please apply the Full PhD Scholarships for international students from developing countries by visiting the official website on this following link.