This position is part of the KONE International Trainee Program (ITP) and is an internship for university students or recent graduates. Within ITP you get to work and develop your skills in interesting and challenging projects and gain valuable international work experience already during your studies. To ensure the international experience, you can only apply for position(s) located outside your native country. They have 12 positions open in the ITP 2019 and you can apply to a maximum of 2 of them. Before applying, please read carefully through the information regarding ITP at the following link.
It might be easy even digitally to recommend a pair of matching shoes to a dress which a consumer is about to buy, but how to convince a housing association to buy an innovative IoT-based proactive monitoring and maintenance service to an elevator they just renewed last year?
There are digital tools to test and improve the conversion of a company’s millions of online customers for clothes, but how to instruct an elevator sales person and sales manager which individual customers they should target today and with what message to win one additional 1 Million Euro deal?
There are straight forward digital ways to test and find the right pricing point for a product that sells 100.000 items a day, but how to find the right market price for a tailored set of elevators and escalators for a single customer building in a shopping mall in China?
If these questions got you itchy, you are burning to find the right data and tools to solve them, and have the suitable education, skills and drive, you might be the right candidate for the job!
They are looking for
International Trainee, Data Scientist to work within the developing area of analytics, and especially with Customer Analytics Solutions. As Data Scientist Trainee, you understand how to turn data into information and insights that can drive business decisions, as well as the importance of high data quality. You will participate in and take responsibilities in data science projects from beginning to end to drive business initiatives for e.g. Pricing Excellence, Sales Management and Offering Development. Your work will involve cooperating closely with IT teams, business process owners and other stakeholders to create actionable insights for the business.
The position is based in Espoo, Finland and you will report to Solution Owner of Customer Insight & Analytics Solutions, within the Customer & Sales Solution Team in KONE IT.
Customer Insight & Analytics solution area contains on one hand the customer survey & feedback solutions and solutions for customer, and on the other hand sales specific reporting, visualization & analytics.
The Customer Insight & Analytics Solution team is part of the Customer & Sales Solutions unit within KONE IT. This unit owns a broad set of solutions ranging from digital marketing, public & closed web sites & portals, sales tools, CRM and product configurators, into growing set of customer insight and analytics solutions. We both consult and serve the business lines and sales organizations by introducing digital opportunities in agile way to the business.
The main responsibilities for this role include data exploration and preparation, building and validating analytical models, communicating the results and supporting in operationalizing the models. The trainee will:
- Understand the business need
- Discover, explore and prepare data for analysis and improve data quality
- Use statistical software and machine learning frameworks to build and validate analytical models
- Use data visualization to communicate the results within the organization
Skills, education and experience:
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of machine learning, deep learning and statistics
- Experience in Python and PySpark (in particular packages such as Pandas and Numpy), R, Matlab or other statistical software
- Experience or high motivation in working with big data
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (e.g. Excel, SPSS, SAS)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Very good collaboration and communication skills in English, ability to work independently, and ability to work in virtual teams in a multicultural environment
Interest towards improving the customer experience and sales growth of a company
- Highly motivated team player
- Knowledge of data quality tools and methodologies
To apply, please leave your application at the following link careers during 09.01.-11.2.2019 by pushing the Apply button. After the application period has ended the first round of interviews will be done through video so remember to check your e-mail regularly.
For additional information on the role, please contact Solution Owner of Customer Insight & Analytics Solutions Alja Lepistö, [email protected], +358 40 823 4665.
Read more about this, here.