- Organizational Unit: UNHCR Regional Office in Sarajevo/ Administration Unit
- Duty station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Type of Contract: Internship (Full Time)
- Duration: Six Months
- Expected start date: 01 June 2018
- Application deadline: 15 May 2018
Background information/Organizational Context
The Regional Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for South Eastern Europe, is currently looking for a talented and highly motivated candidate with an outstanding interest to perform an internship in the field of Administration.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organisation dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. The Regional Office for South-Eastern Europe was established in 2015 in Sarajevo to oversee UNHCR operations in Bosnia and Herzegovina, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Kosovo (S/RES/1244(1999)), Serbia, Montenegro, and Albania. The Regional Office in Sarajevo performs regional coordination to ensure harmonized strategies, programmes, and procedures in the different countries in the region, including relevant tools, resources, positioning on legal/policy developments, and operational involvement on the ground.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements using existing tools and systems; and provide relevant staff members with timely information/documents relating to their official travel.
- Assist in processing requests for visas, identity/diplomatic cards, official clearances, as well as other personnel-related documents from the relevant authorities.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Office, including organizing meetings, events and translating documents.
- Assist in requisitions of office supplies and equipment and assists in verification and maintenance of admin, financial and procurement records.
- Assist in drafting correspondence, reports, and SOPs, as required, on general administration which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Participate in meetings and events as required, drafting minutes and reports.
- Coordinate administrative activities/tasks with the team; and perform backup duties for other Admin colleagues at the time of their absence.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Minimum qualifications required
In order to be considered for the internship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Recently graduated from university or currently enrolled in graduate/undergraduate school at university and completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in the field of Business Administration, Finance, Management, or other related fields
- Fluency and good drafting skills in English and BiH languages.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Computer skills (MS office and People Soft Applications).
Application and Selection
Interested candidates are kindly advised to submit CV and motivation letter, as well as certified copies of diplomas or proof of enrolment in graduate or undergraduate studies, by e-mail to [email protected]. In the subject line please indicate “UNHCR Regional Office, Administrative Internship”. Deadline for application: 15 May 2018.
Note: Food and local transportation allowance will be provided to interns who don’t receive finical support from an outside part.
An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship with UNHCR.
Due to a large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.