Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Start of Contract: Immediate
Duration of contract: 3-4 months
Category of Staff: Intern (unpaid)
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. Be part of a growing international organization that is dedicated to tackling this global challenge.
The selected Intern will gain expertise in:
- general administration,
- HR processes and will have the opportunity of contributing directly to the global efforts to account for missing persons around the world.
This is a three/four month unpaid internship. Actual hours per week can vary depending on availability of the selected intern.
Reporting directly to the Global HR Advisor, and working in close cooperation with the Human Resources Coordinators in Sarajevo, the Intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Create a pdf fillable new hire package for each category of staff specific to each ICMP location;
- Design and implement a MonkeySurvey exit interview for departing staff;
- Coordinate internships requests;
- Partner with the HR Coordinators on recruitment, this may include; job postings, screening resumes, conducting phone screens and references;
- Other administrative/clerical duties such as: paper and electronic filing, cataloging of job descriptions, responding to staff inquiries related to leave or general policies, etc., and;
- Other related tasks.
Key qualifications and requirements:
- University degree or final year of studies in the field of Human Resources, Business or social sciences;
- Practical experience in administration and/or human resource management is an asset;
- Analytical and research skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Eager to learn and further to develop;
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English.
- Advance knowledge of written and spoken Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian is an asset.
- Proficency of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proven ability to interact positively with colleagues regardless of culture, nationality or gender.
APPLICATION CLOSE DATE: Review of applications begins on 8 January 2018; however, the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.