Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 06 May 2018
Position Title: Project Officer / Area Development Officer (Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) project)
Languages Required: Excellent command of English and local languages in BiH
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: VN 02-04/18
Duration and type of Initial Contract: SST with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education/Training: Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or related field
Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, such as development and implementation of projects, community organization, media/communications, political activism, research initiatives, or other efforts to improve and strengthen communities in BiH. Experience leading or managing projects; developing creative new initiatives or small activities; managing staff; coordinating with a wide range of stakeholders; managing staff; and prior work on issues of radicalization or violent extremism.
- Fluency in English and one of the local languages used in BiH;
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office.
- Holds a valid driving license;
- Willingness and ability to conduct travel across the country.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning;
- Communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (including their CV and motivation letter) electronically by email to [email protected]
Note: VN 02-04-18 Project Officer / Area Development Officer (Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) project)
International applicants are obliged to provide all documentation required as per the law on work of BH for foreign citizens.
Applications must be received by 06 May 2018 CoB
Posting period: 23 April 2018
Sunday, May 6, 2018