The Local Democracy Academy is organized by the Swedish International Centre for Local Democracy (ICLD) and sponsored by a grant provided by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) to ICLD´s Knowledge Centre.
The Local Democracy Academy provides a unique setting to:
- Connect leading scholars to share ideas and provide innovative policy recommendations;
- Strengthen junior scholars by matching them with senior researchers and policymakers providing a space for fruitful collaboration that leads to research that can answer to society´s greatest challenges;
- Collaborate across disciplines, writing innovative research proposals, cutting edge papers, and concrete policy briefs;
- Provide policy labs for researchers, leading policymakers and practitioners to discuss concrete problems experienced by local governments and provide possible solutions;
- At the end of the Academy, participants will be invited to submit research proposals for funding.
ICLD encourages participation from researchers interested in the role of cities and local governments in development to apply.
However, researchers conducting an investigation on local governments in other parts of the world are also welcomed to apply.
The program will be taught in English.
ICLD will cover the cost of economy transportation, accommodation and food during the academy. Participants are responsible to obtain any travel documents, including visas, that are required for their entry to Sweden.
How to apply?
As part of the application form you will be asked to submit the following documents:
- An abstract of a paper or research project that is a “work in progress” to be discussed at one of the thematic sessions (250-500 words);
- A letter of intent specifying what you can contribute to the Academy and what you hope to get from your participation (250 words);
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.